Forced restart during TW battle causes lost team

★★ Apprentice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Samsung
OS Version Most current
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 385-692-241
What type of issue do you have? Other
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
Summarize your bug When launching a battle in the current Territory War, I encountered the bug where the game timed out between the setting my team and the actual battle starting. An error message popped up forcing the game to restart. Upon loading back into the game, the TW battle I was trying to run stated I was currently in a battle and I had no way to either get into that battle and the 5 toons I was going to use (of which 4 of them were the perfect G12 counter team, the other was G11) were gone from my list. This happens frequently enough that this should be looked at. It would be nice if there was some way that the game could recognize these time-outs and lets you "rejoin" the battle in progress if you can get reconnected. It might not have been enough time to kill all the toons, but taking out 1-2 in TW is very important for progress.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I am not sure how easy it would be to replicate, but I know this is an issue that affects a few battles every TW for us.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country United States

Current TW battle, Running 5 highly geared sith against a Yoda led jedi team. Had solid wifi connection when the restart error occurred. Caused me to lose my team as well as give the defense a battle that otherwise would have been an easy victory. I do not have any screenshots of the issue, but it is easy to find similar issues online.

Message 1 of 5 (521 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Forced restart during TW battle causes lost team

EA Live QV Team

Hi @Bmore1973,

As soon as you hit the "Battle" button from the squad selection screen, the game will count that battle for you. Unfortunately, there is currently no reliable solution to prevent your team from being "consumed" as it would open the door to exploits and abuse. We are looking into possible other solutions but that takes time.

Make sure you have a strong and stable internet connection before going into important battles to ensure everything goes as smooth as possible.

View in thread

Message 3 of 5 (444 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

This has happened a few times and I lose my squad and get credited with a battle I didn't even participate in. Why doesn't it just reset especially if you never battled in the 1st place guess it is what it is if problem still hasn't been fixed.

Message 2 of 5 (452 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hi @Bmore1973,

As soon as you hit the "Battle" button from the squad selection screen, the game will count that battle for you. Unfortunately, there is currently no reliable solution to prevent your team from being "consumed" as it would open the door to exploits and abuse. We are looking into possible other solutions but that takes time.

Make sure you have a strong and stable internet connection before going into important battles to ensure everything goes as smooth as possible.

Message 3 of 5 (445 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This happened to me today. I also had my Discord app opened and switching back and forth between the two apps during the TW. When I hit Battle, the game immediately went to a screen that said the game had to be restarted. I restarted the game and it counted as a loss and used up my team.

When I went back over to Discord, the app was still up and didn't have to be restarted like the game did. If it was a connection issue, then why can't the game pause until restored? That, or it wasn't a connection issue on my end at all.

Message 4 of 5 (359 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This has happened to me as well today. The game had to restart as soon as I pressed the battle button. Yet, the Discord app I had pulled up as well did not need restarted and didn't appear to have lost connection.

The game should pause when connection is lost and resume when connection is restored. If a person doesn't regain connection within 5 minutes, then it can count a loss and so on. But usually, a connection can be resumed quite quickly. And the battle timer can resume when the connection resumes. There's no reason for it to keep counting as you are reestablishing connection other than a lost connection timer that can start counting down once you loose connection. This would be much better, in my opinion.

For those who don't like this idea solely due to the turn meter manipulation this will take away, then either push for the turn meter to be removed from the defending team during each battle start or deal with it. Cause it would be even across the board for all either way at this point.

Message 5 of 5 (357 Views)