Forced playstation controls, And L2 Not working

by deceivingreaper

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Forced playstation controls, And L2 Not working

★ Novice

Madden 2022 on the PC is forcing me to use play station controls despite using a Xbox controller. Normally I would be fine with this however L2 does not work making it very hard/unplayable.

I have tried using 3rd party sources such as steam and x360ce, however this does not work as the following happens:

- in the menu the game will switch between the forced play station controls and the 3rd party sources controls causing heavy CPU usage and lag.

- in the menu the R3 button keeps getting pressed whenever the controls switch from PlayStation to 3rd party control schemes.

- on the in game field there is still heavy CPU usage but the controls wont switch. Additionally in face of the franchise mode, when cut scenes end the game will crash.

My computer specs are:
Graphics - NVIDIA Geforce RTX 2060, Driver version: 511.23

Processor - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4430 CPU @ 3.00GHz, 3001 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

Motherboard - Asus Z87 - Plus

I hope that this is enough however if more details are needed please let me know.

Message 1 of 5 (666 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Forced playstation controls, And L2 Not working

Community Manager
@deceivingreaper

The Xbox Controller is the officially supported controller for Madden 22. We cannot guarantee other types of controllers will be compatible or function normally. :\
Blueberry.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (613 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager
@deceivingreaper

Do you have the PlayStation controller plugged in or synced up to the PC's bluetooth? It seems likely it's recognizing that controller so if it's disconnected that could fix this.
Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 5 (632 Views)

★ Novice

Apologies forgot to mention that I am using a PDP rock candy wired controller for switch. I do not own any other controllers hence why I use X360ce and steam big picture usually. I know this worked for madden 19 just not madden 22 unfortunately.

Message 3 of 5 (622 Views)

Community Manager
@deceivingreaper

The Xbox Controller is the officially supported controller for Madden 22. We cannot guarantee other types of controllers will be compatible or function normally. :\
Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 5 (614 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@EA_Blueberry wrote:
@deceivingreaper

isnt it supposed to be compatable with any steam controller registered as an xbox gamepad?

Message 5 of 5 (317 Views)