Re: Force quit

by Fancy_1661

Original Post

Re: The Sims 4 keeps quitting unexpectedly

Community Manager

Hey @SeductionRed350, sorry to see that you are having issues.

In a situation such as this, the first thing to do is ensure that your console and game are fully up to date.

If that makes no difference then clearing the cache and powercycling your console is next.

You can do this easily enough by following the steps below:

1. Press and hold the power button on the front of the Xbox until it turns off completely.
  2. Unplug the power cable from your console and then press and hold the power button on the Xbox a number of times to clear the cache.
  3. Plug your power cable back in and turn your Xbox back on.

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 571 of 666 (443 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Darko My Xbox is fully up to date, I press my xbox button in the front to shut off then I unplug it from the back of my console yesterday, then today i press and hold my xbox button in the front 5 times to clear the cache the i plug my power cable back into my xbox and turn it on, went to play to the The Sims 4 this morning i was playing for 15 minutes the it randomly quit unexpectedly back to the home screen.
Message 572 of 666 (431 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @SeductionRed350 is the game installed on the internal hard drive or an external one?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 573 of 666 (411 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@SeductionRed350 @Doriiette  I've merged your report with the XB crash thread. The marked post on the first page of this thread has any relevant information for this issue currently for XB.

The post has a lot of information in it, as there's a few things going on with XB, so please read it thoroughly.

Message 574 of 666 (397 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Darko Internal Drive!!!
Message 575 of 666 (563 Views)

Re: Playing on Xbox One keep Crashing.

★★★★★ Novice

Yup. Everything is updated, I even contacted customer support and did everything they said. The game still crashes..I even bought a better hdmi cord, my other games play just fine...at this point I feel as though the  SimsTeam just need to work on the bugs on Xbox for Xbox . 

Message 576 of 666 (543 Views)

Re: Game crashes on Xbox one everytime I travel to work gig

★★★ Apprentice

With all due respect, I have done exactly everything that was on the first post and nothing has work. But I develop a new problem which is my sim can't even take a picture. As soon as my sim take a pic and goes back to live mode, the screen turns black and goes back to the Xbox home screen. I don't know what else to do.

My sims are still in quarantine in their house until this problem is fixed. I still can't travel anywhere where. 

I'm sorry but to do all this stuff, like moving the Sims in a smaller lots , and not use all of the packs in the build as a solution for the game to work. I don't think it fair to me and all these gamers, that spend hard earn money on these game packs.

I appreciate all your help and I'm not mad at you. You are doing the best you can. I'm just disappointed in EA Sims team not fixing all these problem that many console players are having.

If you have any other suggestions, I will try it. Thank you very much again and sorry for the long response. 

Message 577 of 666 (528 Views)

Re: Force quit

★★★ Newbie

Yes, do you happen to know how to disable that.

Message 578 of 666 (353 Views)

Out of nowhere game shuts down

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.43.4.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except Star Wars Journey to Batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know
What happens when the bug occurs? I can be playing fine for a while and now know I have to save often cause out of no where the game just goes black and back to the main menu. Several times I have spent 40mins to an hour doing a home Reno and lose everything. When I start back up it looks as if I didn't have a gig. It happens even when I'm not doing a Reno as well and can just be doing everyday things and it just goes out. Most times it has happened right after I saved and came back into live mode but only about half of the time.
What do you expect to see? I expect to continue the game as it should and not shut my game down losing all progress.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Not exactly sure how to pull any bug info from a console but if you need it and someone can help me find it, I'm happy to get it. This happens almost everytime I play. 

Message 579 of 666 (816 Views)

Re: Out of nowhere game shuts down

Community Manager

Hi there, @Cuddles0069.

Thanks for reaching out about this. Let's see if we can get this resolved. Do you have the game installed on an internal or external hard drive? Also, can you check to make sure Sims 4 is up to date? 

Aljo.png
Message 580 of 666 (760 Views)