by pain810

Original Post

Footstep audio still frustratingly inconsistent

★★★ Newbie

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox One X
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Bam Irish luck
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Any
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Any
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Anywhere
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Anything
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? Multiple matches in a row this happened. Completely random
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? The footstep audio is still frustratingly inconsistent. I have noticed that enemy pathfinders are the worst offenders. This character has the most distinct and probably loudest footsteps, but VERY OFTEN they can literally jump on you and be within 5 feet of you and you will hear absolutely no footstep audio. The lack of footstep audio isn’t JUST for pathfinder, but I’ve noticed it the most with him.
What should be happening instead? You should be able to consistently hear and track enemy footsteps movement. I never had this problem for any other game I’ve ever played.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Do anything with an enemy running around near you at different distances and progressively get closer. Pathfinder especially.

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox One X
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Bam Irish luck
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Any legend
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Any
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Anywhere
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Anything
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? Multiple times this has happened in a row. Completely random
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? The footstep audio is still frustratingly inconsistent. I have noticed that enemy pathfinders are the worst offenders. This character has the most distinct and probably loudest footsteps, but VERY OFTEN they can literally jump on you and be within 5 feet of you and you will hear absolutely no footstep audio. The lack of footstep audio isn’t JUST for pathfinder, but I’ve noticed it the most with him.
What should be happening instead? You should just be able to hear and keep track of footsteps. I never have this issue with any other game I’ve ever played.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Do anything with enemies running around nearby. Pathfinder especially

Message 1 of 2 (284 Views)

Re: Footstep audio still frustratingly inconsistent

★★★ Novice

What really upsets me is I have more problems with footsteps nw than I did before. It honestly feels like the entire game volume got much quieter and enemy footsteps quieter still. On top of that I used to be able to know exactly where an enemy was and now its like once they get within a certain range the direction of their footsteps will change.

Message 2 of 2 (242 Views)