Food bug? - Attempting to eat food but ends up on floor

by ericaduh

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Food bug? - Attempting to eat food but ends up on floor

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hi - Every time my sim goes to grab a plate of left overs from the fridge, when they go to sit down and eat, the interaction cancels and the plate is placed directly behind them on the floor. Sometimes they will do this and then quickly raise both of their arms model-like simultaneously. This started happening after the update.

Sorry if this was posted but I'd like to make sure its not my computer acting up. Anyone experiencing this?

Message 1 of 15 (26,914 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Food bug? - Attempting to eat food but ends up on floor

[ Edited ]
Hero

There's currently an issue with group meals causing resets. It's being looked into.

EDIT: Locking this

Please post here if you have reset issues: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/COLLECTION-THREAD-Sims-Resetting/td-p/5029270/jump-t...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 15 of 15 (26,300 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide

I have this problem also but the sim behavior is not exactly the same. The sim will approach the dining table and then stop and put the plate on the floor at their feet. I will have to go in and click on the meal again to tell them to eat it, they will pick it up and set it on the table and proceed to eat. 

I don't get the same arm waving as far as I know but I often find them standing in the room at the meal, with it on the floor -- I could have missed that part looking at something else.

Message 2 of 15 (26,870 Views)

Hero

There have been several issues with eating food so I've added this as it's own issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 15 (26,868 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I know this topic is a bit dated, but I noticed that some of the hits on it were fairly recent and I think I may have found a potential fix for the issue. I started having the same problem as the OP, where my Sim would take leftovers from the fridge, and then reset and the food appear in the floor. I did some troubleshooting and discovered that when I took away the Fresh Chef trait and let all the 'immortal' food be eaten, when my Sim started filling the fridge with food that could spoil again, she could get leftovers without issue. I'm unsure if the first two posters tried this, but it might be worth a shot for anybody checking this thread from now on.

I also noticed that this reset error never occured with Sims that were visiting my Sim's household even with the non-spoilable food, it only happend with my household Sim.

EDIT Nov 19 - Happened again even without the trait. I tried resetting the fridge and even buying a new one, didn't fix the problem. I'm currently testing to see if I can isolate the problem to certain dishes. I'm pretty sure that every time its bugged out on me I had the Trout Meuniere gourmet dish in my fridge. This dish is a bit weird because I can't drag it from the fridge into the trashcan OR sink, and can only get rid of it by placing it in my Sim's inventory then clicking and choosing clean up. Edit Update - The trout dish I listed seems to be the problem, none of the other dishes I've cooked so far have given me this problem. if they do, I'll make a new post and list the dishes I have issues with.

Message 4 of 15 (26,726 Views)

Hero

Thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 15 (26,720 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

ty.

Message 6 of 15 (26,683 Views)

★★★ Novice

My Sims 4 Limited Edition with all updates and a few mods has been running fine. This morning I downloaded and installed the Digital Deluxe Upgrade and it may have caused a problem.  My Sim can no longer eat.  Regardless of whether she cooks a new meal or gets leftovers from the fridge, the plate ends up on the floor.  If I click "grab a serving" from a countertop, nothing happens at all.

I don't have the recipies mentioned in this thread, so thats not the problem.  Origin did not reinstall an update patch after installing the Deluxe Upgrade, so I'm wondering if that could be the problem.

How do I force Origin to re-patch my game?  Or is there another fix for this bug?

Message 7 of 15 (26,659 Views)

Hero

If you download, you automatically get the newest version. 

Have you tried going traveling or moving the SIms out and back in ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 15 (26,653 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi Crin,

I read your blog and other resources.  Thanks so much for all your efforts devoted to the Sims over the years.  They're much appreciated!

No, I didn't think of trying those things, but I will if it happens again.  I didn't save the game after I first noticed the bug, so I quit, restarted, and it was still there.  I removed all mods, started again, and the bug was gone.  At this point, all mods have been reinstalled except for eight possible suspected conflicts.  If one of them reactivates the bug, I'll post that info here and at MTS.

Thanks again, Deborah

Message 9 of 15 (26,650 Views)

★ Novice

I've encountered this bug today - it's really annoying! I'm currently playing in a custom content downloaded house. I went to 'Manage Worlds', evicted my Sim, deleted the lot and then replaced it. I moved my Sim back in and that seemed to fix everything. I tried to delete the food first, as well as the fridge, etc. Nothing worked until I cleared the lot and replaced. It's a pain, but at least there's a solution.

Message 10 of 15 (26,534 Views)