★ Apprentice

Product: Anthem
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number All of them
Enter RAM memory size in GB Doesn't matter
Please select your region North America
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? No
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. Any time you fly.
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) after 1.04 went live
Summarize your bug Flight time seems to have been SIGNIFICANTLY shortened, instead of being 20% longer.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Fly.
What happens when the bug occurs? You don't fly as long/far
What should be happening instead? We should be flying further after the patch

Can we see if the flight time boost was applied improperly? It doesn't feel like a +20% boost, it feels like a -80% nerf.

My flight set Ranger can fly straight and level for roughly 45 seconds and hover in place for 27 seconds after the patch. This is with both Tactical Advantage (+50% heat threshold) and Thermal Cooling (+50% base heat capacity) equipped. Before the patch I could fly from stream to stream cooling off and now I'm running as much as flying when traveling. Cooling off also doesn't seem to be working properly as well, because previously unless I completely overheated and crashed from it, I could land and run for 2 or 3 seconds and be back to the air. Now cooling off takes about 10 to 12 seconds.

Message 1 of 13 (298 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Flight time issues.

★ Apprentice

I was playing as colossus earlier since the update and do notice I can fly longer and the cooldown for me is quicker when I land.

Message 2 of 13 (292 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Do you have any flight enhancing gear equipped?

Message 3 of 13 (287 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

I do not to my knowledge. Most of my inscriptions are damage, gear, ultimate or luck-related.

Message 4 of 13 (277 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice
That makes me wonder if the flight/heat enhancers are not working as intended. My Colossus, which has no flight enhancers seems to fly about as far as before to me. Start Tyrant mine and I take off at the spawn point and have enough thruster power to make it to the 2nd (further) turret before overheating.
Message 5 of 13 (273 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

Have you tested in Freeplay?  Maybe its different that way.

Message 6 of 13 (266 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice
My Ranger testing/timing did happen in freeplay. I didn't do the ranger in tyrant mine because I don't have a "pattern" to coming in, where as with my colossus I fly in and charge one of the 2 turrets in the first area so I can kill it fast before it has a chance to chew up the softies.
Message 7 of 13 (262 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

My Ranger has definitely had its flight time reduced. I haven’t changed any items in the last week, but my Javelin overheats much quicker 

Message 8 of 13 (250 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

My Colossus's flight time has been cut in half. I dont know how its calculated.

They need to remove components and inscriptions that modify flight time. Just set a base number per Javelin type. The only thing that should ever be effected for flight time would be Hovering. Hovering should be something that components can address for storms and rangers. However not fight time nor speed. It does not help in combat and it does nothing but get you from point A to B faster. Until there is an actual need to modify your fight time with an in game mechanic/mode, then there is no reason to over think it. 

Message 9 of 13 (207 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

Have same problem. Seems the flight time is shorter. And overheat cool down takes longer now. I’m playing on storm w/o any flight boost Components.

Message 10 of 13 (194 Views)
Twitter Stream