Re: Flickering push notifications

by Hizsoo

Original Post

Flickering push notifications

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: Command & Conquer: Rivals
Platform:Android Tablet
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Galaxy Tab E
OS Version 4.4.4
What is your Player ID?
What type of issue do you have? Other
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Summarize your bug Push notifications do flicker, I receive them again, if the game was already running in the background, than I clicked on the notification.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?
Connection Type
Please select your region
Country

There was a bug previously with receing additional notifications from the app, about all of the last 3-5 things that qualified for it, for no reason.

This is probably the leftover part of it.

Message 1 of 7 (525 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hey @Hizsoo thanks for reaching out. When you say flicker, do you mean the notification itself flickers on your screen or does it disappear and come back again a while later? And does this only occur when you have the game running in the background? Thanks!

Message 2 of 7 (510 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

After clicking on it, it gets dismissed as usual, than I receive a new one in less than half a sec. The new notification stays until the game opens up, which takes a few sec on the older device I'm using.

It visually seems as flickering.

I only noticed this when the game was in the background already.

Message 3 of 7 (501 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I gotta correct myself.

I think that receiving a new notification, after the one I clicked, was a wrong call. The same notification flickers, but not necesserily the C&C: Rivals notification.

The conditions are the same as described before.

Message 4 of 7 (492 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Thanks @Hizsoo for the extra information. It sounds like it might be very specific to your device especially if it's not just Rivals notifications. Have you restarted your device recently? Sometimes that helps sort out little issues like this.

Message 5 of 7 (469 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I do restart it when I notice some problems.

This might be the problem, when my device is low on memory, but this exact problem doesn't happen with any other app.

Also, when the game isn't running in the background and I open it from a notification, the screen freezes until the game gets opened.

I mean the notification panel freezes, while it would scroll back up.

Message 6 of 7 (441 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

And I use my device in opposite sitting position. The top of it turned to right.

Message 7 of 7 (427 Views)