Re: Fleet Arena freezing

by pownerzonly

Original Post

Fleet Arena freezing

★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Android emulator on Windows 10
OS Version Windows 10
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 239-255-634
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
Summarize your bug Moves disappear from fleet arena after killing an enemy ship. It hadn't happened in months, and then just happened twice in the past three days (costing me a couple hundred crystals, I might add). Picture of enemy target goes blurry and there are no options for moves. I'm including a picture. I also have no updates pending, and only downloaded onto my computer about a month ago, so it's not leftovers from an old version.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play fleet arena until it happens to you... I'm not sure what else to say. Only happens on killing an enemy ship.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country United States

Two attached files showing the two most recent occurrences of this bug

Screenshot (19).png
Screenshot (21).png
Message 1 of 6 (460 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hey @pownerzonly,

SWGoH doesn’t get any official Support for emulators. This is most likely the reason for your technical difficulties.

Regards.

Message 2 of 6 (439 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

I should have clarified. I get this on my android phone as well. Twice on my phone and twice on my emulator in the last two weeks

Message 3 of 6 (391 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hey @pownerzonly,

what phone are you using and what’s its current software version?

When this is happening on your phone, what exactly happens? Are you getting an infinite loading screen or is the game not reacting anymore (game-crash)?

Are any other apps running in the background? Please make sure that you have enough RAM available when playing SWGoH.

Regards.

Message 4 of 6 (355 Views)

★ Novice

No other apps are running. The app is not crashing, the battle is crashing. I can still do guild chat, can click auto, change the layout of buffs/debuffs, etc., but there are no options for moves (as displayed in the photos). Auto doesn't actually do anything. Just lights up and greys out. This is the same both on my phone and on my emulator.

I am using a Samsung S7 and running Android 8.0.0 (so out-of-date). I was not experiencing this problem until about a month ago, and now, on my emulator at least, this is happening probably one in ten fleet battles. The game never crashes at any other point other than during fleet arena battles, right after I've killed an enemy ship.

Message 5 of 6 (300 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hey @pownerzonly,

from your description it sounds like this is an account related error. A crash can have many reasons.
It may be that an asset has been downloaded incorrectly.

Please try a fresh installation and leave the game open for about half an hour (untouched) to ensure all assets get downloaded correctly.

More troubleshooting steps can be found here .

Regards.

Message 6 of 6 (238 Views)