Product: FIFA 19
Platform:Nintendo Switch
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? maybewhen
Which mode has this happened in? FIFA Ultimate Team
Which part of the mode? Squad Building Challenges
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? 06/11/2018
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 18:30
What is your time zone? GMT (UTC)
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Submit a valid squad for the Flash of Brilliance SBC.
What happens when the bug occurs? I see an error message "We are sorry but there has been an error connecting to FIFA 19 Ultimate Team. You will be returned to the FIFA 19 Main Menu." and then have to long in to FUT again. I am therefore unable to submit the squad.
What should be happening instead? The squad should be accepted and the reward given.

This keeps happening and quite frankly it's really ruining the experience on Switch - we don't get as many SBCs as the other platforms and this is at least the fourth one that's had this problem. Lots of people have been having the issue (see https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Slay-the-Dragon-SBC-not-accepting-valid-squad-on-Switch-repeat... for an example).

I'm convinced that the issue is how the formations are set up on the Switch - for this one I can see a 4-4-2 on the console but on the other platforms it's a 4-5-1 (as you can see from https://www.futbin.com/squad-building-challenge/ea/352/A%20Flash%20of%20Brilliance), so it's likely that the server is rejecting a response that the console deems valid.

The EAHelp account on Twitter advised that this would be passed on (see https://twitter.com/EAHelp/status/1054282459431362560), so I have to assume that EA are aware of the issue.

Message 1 of 21 (703 Views)

Re: Flash of Brilliance SBC not working on the Switch

★★★★ Novice

unfortunately i dont see this getting fixed, it never got fixed on any of the other ones that had issues and likely it will pass and be the same

Message 2 of 21 (666 Views)

★★★★ Novice
We all bought a game that does not work correctly....EA needs to fix or refund
Message 3 of 21 (632 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same problem

Message 4 of 21 (617 Views)

★★★ Newbie
same problem
Message 5 of 21 (600 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Well to be fair. I spent 4 k on this Sbc. And a few position modifiers. Every time a sbc with such a glitch comes out. I message EA help and they give me the the same steps over and over. Some of them also told me that it would be fixed. And sadly it wasn't. 

Message 6 of 21 (585 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

EA Andy said the right team of EA is looking into it and I pretty sure its a lie. Its obviously the problem of formation of the SBC and the only thing they need to do is to make it consistent with those of other consoles. Just as simple as that and they still dont manage to do it. Just forget about EA would offer any help nor even compensation to us. FIFA 19 on switch is over.

Message 7 of 21 (545 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Same problem.
We ve paid 50USD for a game that repeat the same bug over and over
Shame and less support than most free mobile phone games
Message 8 of 21 (474 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Another one to have the same problem. Why do we even not get a reply.......ever.

Message 9 of 21 (447 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hey Guys, I have found the solution to this SBC! once a player mentioned if your players fit both formations on switch and other consoles, you can submit the SBC successfully. I tried and it worked! I attached a photo for your reference.

You guys can try your choices on FUTHEAD and see if it works, I just predicted that of one the ST would become CAM and then trial and error. Hope it helps!

Message 10 of 21 (412 Views)

fifa-19-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

fifa-19-player-splash

Secure your account

Turn on Login Verification to access FUT Web and Companion Apps, and protect your information.

View more on EA Help