[Fixed] Surprising Choices stuck on screen

by SimGuruMaaike

Original Post

Re: Screen stuck on A surprising moment

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

This morning I received the gifts from Sims and the new To Do List but still have the Surprising Choice stuck on the screen. I can see Sims moving around in the house but can't get to them. This issue is on Apple and Android platforms and devices. Btw, I'm on level 40 and I miss my Sims. Please fix asap. 

Message 20 of 309 (3,840 Views)

Re: A surprising choice - screen unresponsive

★ Novice

The issue is still occurring today, it’s been about 24 hours since I’ve been froze out of the game. 

Message 21 of 309 (3,924 Views)

Re: [Open] “Surprising choices” unresponsive

★★ Novice

same thing happened to me!

Message 22 of 309 (3,893 Views)

★★ Novice

I tried signing on this morning. I thought it was fixed, because the to do list popped up. Soon as I clicked the X, the "a surprising choices" popped back up. Angry

Message 23 of 309 (3,889 Views)

★★ Novice

8FCE0A93-D3F4-4FE4-9544-B4ED1EBA0921.png

It’s been stuck like this since yesterday. Made a tweet about it, eahelp replied and said they are currently investigating the issue. It’s been 24 hours and it’s still the same. I’m on level 37 and I miss my sims. I deleted it and reinstalled it but that didn’t work, the same screen showed up after I got my old data back. I powered my phone on and off, didn’t work. I don’t think it’s  my phone, I have a iphone 6s plus. It’s been working fine the past updates, but this one is filled with glitches and more. Please do something about this, I spent too much time playing this game for it not to work.

Message 24 of 309 (3,877 Views)

Surprise screen froze

★ Novice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone 6plus
OS Version 11.4
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) Hey it’s abby
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The surprise screen froze
What do you expect to see? For it not be stuck on the surprise screen
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country United States
Additional feedback

Please fix this bug

Message 25 of 309 (3,763 Views)

A SURPRISING CHOICE is frozen

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Android Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Samsung Galaxy Note 3
OS Version Note 3 - 5.0
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1003469192379
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Probably shows up when the surprising choice appears for the 2nd time
What do you expect to see? The actual game, not the more or less frozen screen (the background is moving, but the logo just doesnt dissapear)
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Europe
Country Slovenia
Additional feedback Please help

My game is frozen on the surprising choice animation when i launch it. 

I tried playing it on my other android phone, but nothing changed. I tried the suggested troubleshooting (clearing the cache, checked that everything is up to date, restarted the app, checked the connection, there werent any background apps running on both phones). Nothing helped...

Message 26 of 309 (3,687 Views)

Re: A SURPRISING CHOICE is frozen

★ Novice
Same!
Message 27 of 309 (3,682 Views)

★★★ Novice
I'm on Samsung Galaxy Note 3, but i was playing it on honor 7x when the freeze happene (Note 3 is on the 5.0 android update and honor 7x is on the 7.0 android update). i loaded it on the note, because i thought it might help (obviously it didnt). It froze after about 30 min (probably a bit more) of playing the game with the new update
Message 28 of 309 (3,861 Views)

Re: A surprising choice - screen unresponsive

★★★★★ Novice

Was very excited to see this update just now, downloaded it, restarted my phone, hoping my problem is fixed - But no, still stuck with that stupid “Surprising Choice” Screen! This is getting majorly frustrating...

Message 29 of 309 (3,845 Views)