Original Post

Re: A surprising choice - screen unresponsive

★★★★★ Newbie

Same issue, have Pixel 2 phone.

Message 10 of 309 (2,503 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I’m on Samsung Galaxy S8.  The trouble started this morning just after the update. Uninstalling and reinstalling does not solve the problem. Also, when reinstalling the app, a shortcut to the homescreen is not created. Please help

Message 11 of 309 (2,339 Views)

Re: [Open] “Surprising choices” unresponsive

★ Novice

I also have this problem- since the new update- and would like it fixed soon! I’m on the IPhone 6 and I can’t do anything with my game.. I’ve reinstalled it- I’ve forced it closed- I’ve re opened up the game- nothing works! It seems to be a problem with the data itself- since I reinstalled it on my tablet with my data and nothing changed the frozen screen still appeared... my screen looks the same as the screenshot earlier in this forum.

Message 12 of 309 (2,325 Views)

"A surprising choice" update

★★★ Newbie

The new update is super glitchy! The game keeps freezing up whenever I try to customize a new sim and I have to completely restart the app. But this is not as bad as the surprising choice screen that my game is now permanently stuck on! It's frozen there and I can't get back to my game! I tried restarting it, no luck. I actually uninstalled it, went through the stress of replaying the tutorial so I could get my level 40 game back, reloaded my progress, and guess what? It took me right back to the "a surprising choice" screen. Maybe this is a sign that I should ditch the game for good. Please fix this!

Message 13 of 309 (2,252 Views)

★ Apprentice
So I filed a Tech Support in hopes that they would act fast on it, but they told me to proceed with the game if I can.... dude, I am literally blocked from the game so what was I supposed to do? Oh and they closed my case because they said they can’t do anything about it.
Message 14 of 309 (2,284 Views)

A surprising choice...

★ Novice

So, I just reached level ten in Sims Mobile. My screen is frozen on this. What do I do? I’ve closed the app, restarted my phone, undownloaded and redownloaded the app. Nothing has worked. 

Message 15 of 309 (2,254 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Exactly the same problem. Samsung Galaxy S5. Tried closing, restarting, nothing I do helps.

Message 16 of 309 (2,260 Views)

★★ Novice

It happens to me tooooooo!! Please help, it’s so frustrating m, i’ve spent a lot of my time playing this game 😢😢😢

Message 17 of 309 (2,252 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I have the same problem now. First day after the update, the surprising choice went through fine. But today, it popped up while I was trying to attend a party and froze. I restarted the game completely but it is still up exactly as on the screenshot in the first post.

I'm on a Sony  Xperia Z ultra (C6833), Andorid version is 5.1.1

Edit: Cannot send my player ID since the game is frozen at the surprising choice screen. It doesn't allow me to get into the game menu to look for it.

Message 18 of 309 (2,248 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I had the glitch yesterday and was excited because when I opened today I got the sunrise screen, then my Sims gifts and stickers. The daily to do popped up and as soon as I clicked off it that stupid surprising choice popped up and it froze.  Worst update ever!

Pixel 2 phone

Message 19 of 309 (2,204 Views)