A Relationship Story Won’t Progress

by cwhynot4

Original Post

Re: Career Stuck 94%

★★★ Newbie

Unfortunately even when I shut it down it still does not fix the problem. 

Message 21 of 52 (777 Views)

A Relationship Story Won’t Progress

★★★★ Novice

Was wondering if anyone else has had this issue where you start a relationship story line, you get so far and then all of a sudden you dont get any relationship points and can’t finish the story? I started the story “the fixer upper” I got to 80% but when I click on the sim that I started the story line with it says we’re up to level 10 and it won’t let me finish the story line. I took some screen shots. Just curious if anyone has had this happen to them

Message 22 of 52 (773 Views)

Re: Career stopped progressing

★★★★★ Expert

@hydrolip77 wrote:

I have a similar problem like yours, except that my career stopped at 80% two days ago. I am proceeding on the working quests again and again, but it would not go on. It’s really frustrating!!!

Incredibly frustrating!

On the upside, these force closes are progressing my careers without my sims doing anything now.  @Phantomlover1717 I had to force close 8 times just now! 8!!  I had sims finishing hobbies at workplaces or in the middle of downtown and careers finishing at home. I also had them finish Teaching Moments in the restaurant even though there’s no babies, toddlers or children in my house.   The only upside to this is that their careers and hobbies progressed, as did my simoleon total with every force close.  THAT is something i have no issue with!

Is this ever going to get fixed?  I’m assuming we will be starting a new even soon for Christmas and i hate to think how thats going to go after the HarvestFest fiasco and the seemingly permanent glitches it left in its wake.  A few force closes are annoying, but dont take long, but 8!  Come on now...

Message 23 of 52 (748 Views)

Re: A Relationship Story Won’t Progress

I have seen reports on other stories. Could you test and see if force closing the app, when none of your Sims are in an event, and restarting it triggers any events to pop up as finished?
If it does, try this a couple of times until the game stops finishing events.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 24 of 52 (739 Views)

Totally get is, for now the force closing should fix some issues. I'm still trying to figure out if it helps with the progression of stories. When is it going to be fixed? I'm not sure... Sorry... 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 25 of 52 (734 Views)

Re: Unable to progress in Pumpkin spice lovers story/chapter

★★★ Newbie
I can't even start the story, but I don't seem to be able to finish anything that I can start, can't finish proposal story, baby story... Nothing
Just wait till the timer runs out and start again.
Message 26 of 52 (739 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@Phantomlover1717 wrote:

I have seen reports on other stories. Could you test and see if force closing the app, when none of your Sims are in an event, and restarting it triggers any events to pop up as finished?
If it does, try this a couple of times until the game stops finishing events.

Thats what i was trying to explain. I had to force close 8 times today to finally get my sims to finish events they weren’t even supposed to be doing.  By the 8th attempt i had only one sim still in an event and so i clicked the tick, restarted and finally all sims were free.  So actually, that was 9 force closes before it corrected, which is just ridiculous.  2 or 3, yeah annoying but i can do that, but 9?!

@Phantomlover1717 wrote:

Totally get is, for now the force closing should fix some issues. I'm still trying to figure out if it helps with the progression of stories. When is it going to be fixed? I'm not sure... Sorry... 

Sorry, i should’ve clarified that post a little more clearly so you would know the latter half of it was a general question/statement aimed towards EA, not you personally.  I addressed you in regards to the force close as i know you’ve been trying to help people with that issue (which is greatly appreciated btw) and wanted to let you know my experience with that workaround, but i dont expect you to know if and when they will fix this chaos.  Sorry for any misunderstanding 🙂

Message 27 of 52 (711 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Thanks @Phantomlover1717, I did a few force closes yesterday which seems to have fixed the problem.

Thanks for your help 🙂

Message 28 of 52 (701 Views)

Cannot complete careers

★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone XS Max
OS Version 12.1
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1003565062842
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I have two Sims at Level 10 of their respective careers (Culinary & Fashion) but I am unable to start the final events. My Sims are not in any other event at the time
What do you expect to see?
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country United States
Additional feedback

I have two Sims at Level 10 of their respective careers (Culinary & Fashion) but I am unable to start the final events. My Sims are not in any other event at the time.

Message 29 of 52 (694 Views)

Re: Cannot complete careers

★★★ Newbie

The same thing is happening to me in my sims mobile I have a sim that’s ready to retire but I refuse to retire her until her culinary career is complete. Why do all those events to not even finish up the career, you know?

Its completley frustrating because I’ve put money into this game. 

I want to figure out how to fix this.

My sims is updated too so I have no idea why it won’t move up after events!

Message 30 of 52 (680 Views)