by dissenterjasmine

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[Fixed] - Some items can't be placed on outdoor surfaces

[ Edited ]
Hero

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Android Tablet
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Samsung Galaxy Tab S3
OS Version Android 9
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to place the Steamy Hot Tub, Hot tub 2000, Arcadian gazebo or the Grand gate on the outdoor surfaces Picturesque patio slate, Sparkling path, Garden stroll stone tile, Imported stone tile or pave the way flagstone. Before the Modern Luxe update in march both the Steamy Hot Tub and the Hot Tub 2000 could be placed on all these outdoor surfaces. Since the update it only works for the Steamy Hot Tub. I am adding to the list the Arcadian gazebo from the last STS even if it's a new item as it belongs to the same category of outdoor items. The same applies to the Grand gate which is the only fence item that can't be placed on outdoor surfaces. Pillars and other gate items are okay.
What do you expect to see? Outoor items can be placed on outdoor surfaces.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Europe
Country
Additional feedback I have tested all the items in the outdoors category including gnomes, gate elements, furniture, etc. Only the items mentioned above have this issue.

The Steamy Hot Tub can be placed on different kind of outdoor surfaces. 

Click on the images to enlarge.

SteamyHotTub.jpg

The Hot Tub 2000 can't be placed on outdoor surfaces since the Modern Luxe update.

HotTub2000.jpg

The Arcadian Gazebo has same issue:

ArcadianGazebo.jpg

Same issue with the Grand gate but not with pillars or other fence items which makes it difficult to build a fence

GrandGate.jpg

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 3 of 5 (1,354 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Unable to overlap items

Hero

@EmilyG199 @dissenterjasmine 

This issue is fixed for hot tubs, and the Grand gate. Maybe the Gazebo is not meant to be placed on tiles.

Screenshot_20200512-204337_The Sims.jpg

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (1,135 Views)

All Replies

Unable to overlap items

★★★★ Novice

I am currently unable to overlap items I once could. My friends who play have been having the same problems since the recent update. Is this going to be resolved? It's very frustrating when trying to design your home 

Message 1 of 5 (1,376 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Expert

@EmilyG199  I know what you mean. It's just a limitation of the game right now for some items. I know we want to be able to design the lots & houses freely like in the The Sims 4. Maybe in future updates we'll be able to do that.

#StayHome #StaySafe #SaveLives #PlayTogether

Message 2 of 5 (1,327 Views)

Hero

@EmilyG199 @dissenterjasmine 

This issue is fixed for hot tubs, and the Grand gate. Maybe the Gazebo is not meant to be placed on tiles.

Screenshot_20200512-204337_The Sims.jpg

Message 4 of 5 (1,136 Views)

EA Live QV Team

@SalixCat I can confirm that's correct. The Gazebo has its own floor that was causing issues with tiles.

Message 5 of 5 (1,094 Views)