by Emeilada

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[Fixed] Sims changing gender

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone 7 plus
OS Version 11.3.1
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1002985424788
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I tried to destroy Izzy’s creations for the gems but the game keeps crashing and then when I go back the items are still there and now it changed the gender of my sim
What do you expect to see? My sim to be the right gender wig the right clothing options and to be able to destroy the Izzy creations for gems without the game crashing
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country United States
Additional feedback Frown

My sim is clearly a guy in guy clothing and now it changed to female and now I only have female clothing options, I changed him back once already and had to re customize his looks and it changed him to female again and it seems to be happening when I try to destroy izzy’s Special creations to get the gems (because he keeps creating the same thing over and over) the game crashes and the items are still there and when I go back to change appearance it changed my sims gender

Message 2 of 42 (9,863 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Male Sim Changes Clothes into Female Randomly

EA Live QV Team

Hey all, I see the last report of this issue was on January 10th. Has anyone had this issue since then? Standard smile 

View in thread

Message 35 of 42 (7,171 Views)

All Replies

Do Yoga, Change Gender

★★★ Novice

My sim is a male. Guitar, cooking, and writing hobbies have been maxed. So yoga was the next option.

First day of the hobby, everything was okay. Second day, when the sim did yoga and changed into yoga attire, the body changed into a female--just the body, not the face; so, imagine a male head on a female body.

During the yoga session, the attire would change after sim took showers; the male remained but the female body was still there. After the session, the body was changed back to male.

I changed the outfit to gain tokens. I discovered that the gender icon was changed from male to female even though the sim is clearly male. I switched the icon back to male and my original sim was deleted and there was a male model sim with a different name instead. So, I created a new one. And went back to cooking hobby to prevent the gender change.

Message 1 of 42 (9,756 Views)

Re: Sims gender change after game crash trying to destroy Izzy’s clothes

★★★★ Novice
this is the same thing my game's going through now, — it's gotten no better since friday, hopefully they can fix it for us and everyone else struggling with it too!
Message 3 of 42 (9,783 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice
Same. Thought everything was ok, but I sent my male Sim to do yoga... now he has bewbs and big hips in his female workout clothes. And only female clothing options to change into. And when i sent him to work, the game dressed him in the female club clothes. 😑 I'm mad.
Message 4 of 42 (9,769 Views)

Re: Do Yoga, Change Gender

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice
I sorta had this problem, but it generated after I tried to delete some Izzy special creation clothes. The game crashed. Reloaded. Male sim looked fine. Did yoga. Now he has bewbs and hips. Sent him to work, it assigned him the female club clothes. And I only have female garments available for him now.
Message 5 of 42 (9,736 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yes. That was how my sim looked like during the second day of yoga.

After the yoga session, the body reverted to male and any clothes he wore made him look male. So I thought it was just bug while doing yoga, which I probably could ignore. Turns out, after that yoga session, my sim was officially registered as female despite looking male so any change in appearance would only present female choices.

Message 6 of 42 (9,715 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I now have the same issue with one of my sims. A guy getting all the girl options instead. So annoying and doesn't even seem like EA are aware of this issue or even care to fix it. I hope I won't lose my sim and the clothes he's wearing because of this bug.

Message 7 of 42 (9,743 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Noticed last night, while doing a relationship story with his spouse, it now says he's the wife. This is kinda ruining my life right now as he's stuck in that ASOS jacket forever. If they don't fix this, I'm just going to have a couple of kids, then retire him. 😂😂😂
Message 8 of 42 (9,707 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

ok so a friend's sim is actually engaged to my sim (in pictures above) that has now changed gender because of this bug. These are screenshots they took from their own game, where my male sim, which is bugged and not controlled by them, switched into...a wedding dress. So it's not even just in my game, this carries over into other people's games as well.

Message 9 of 42 (9,713 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
I think I’m going to retire mine too Frown
Message 10 of 42 (9,657 Views)