Re: Nothing but retired sims and a ghost town instead of downtown

by Phantomlover1717

Original Post

Re: No more new Sims in the neighborhood

★ Apprentice

Been having this issue since shortly after starting to play. 

After trial and error I finally found something to at least get a sim and coworker to the job so I can do actions again  

After cas update I lost my coworkers downtown.. It used to only be townies and player Sims.

Anyways here is a work around I've been successful at. 

You need two Sims. One working in the zone missing Sims and the other in another zone at a job or doing whatever. Just as long as they are not on an event in the zone with the missing Sims. 

Have the second sim who isn't in zone make a few friends add Sims to contacts with some player Sims from other zones. And have them also do friendly introduction with a coworker sim from another job. I used the barista helper but any sim flagged as a coworker will work. 

Once your spare sim has a few friends and coworker npcs on his social list go to the zone where you need them. Then rather than going into social menu and clicking socialize to call them over, instead click on a couch in the job building you want to teleport the sim there to do actions on and choose chat with..  And then choose either the coworker npc or a player sim. The spare sim will sit down and the sim you need will appear right in the building you need. Just check off the spare sim green checkmark and switch back to sim in job needing missing Sims and you will be able to use the Sims that were called directly to the building you need. 

If a sim does not appear when you do chat with try another sim. 

This trick works as long as your spare sim isn't doing an event in the same zone. This way they can interact with the couch. 

This way is better than just socialize menu as those Sims called that way tend to stay in the middle of the zone and never enter the building you need. My method gets them right where you need them to be. 

I can finally do the lawyer career and have success    

Another small trick with business career when you do an action on the desk if you are zoomed in to your sim so just the desk is in view random Sims will appear and walk to your desk. I've gotten Sims to business career this way before discovering my new trick. 

Hope this helps those still waiting for a fix

Message 41 of 44 (1,085 Views)

★★★★ Guide
Same — my downtown has been a ghost town since the Halloween event. It’s not a lot of fun placing sims in careers there because it’s so hard to find a sim to interact with to execute a risky action.
Message 42 of 44 (1,056 Views)

[ Edited ]

My Sims are back again it the Market Square! I'm so EXCITED!!!! Party hat:eahigh_file:

20190911_114252.jpg

20190911_114238.jpg

How is the bug doing in your games?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 43 of 44 (3,118 Views)

★ Apprentice

Sims are back yes. 

New bug. I have No coworkers in any zone now. No chef. No scientist. No fashion. No lawyer. 

Just people Sims are back but No coworkers 

Message 44 of 44 (828 Views)