[Fixed] - Siblings don’t recognize each other

by BunnyAppleCake

Original Post

Re: How to unlock the sibling rivalry story?

★★★★★ Novice

I cant get this story to start either.  I’ve tried twice, direct siblings, same house, same gender even, start with confrontation. 😕

I don't get it.  

Message 61 of 117 (1,235 Views)

[ Edited ]

@sklahn @Phantomlover1717 @KatrielSimmer this might be tied to a known bug that makes it to where siblings aren't seen as siblings but strangers and can even flirt with others.

Message 62 of 117 (1,199 Views)

Yes @whackywhippet234, I'll merge your comment with that post instead of this old post @sklahn.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 63 of 117 (1,182 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Phantomlover1717 Thanks! I just did a search and this was the first thread that came up.
Message 64 of 117 (1,163 Views)

Re: [Open] - Siblings don’t recognize each other

★★★★★ Apprentice

Have the same issue with a couple of my Sims.

Message 65 of 117 (1,140 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I’m also having this problem. My married Sims couple have had 5 children now, I’ve made two of them playable, none of them recognise each other as siblings. In contacts they appear as friends or acquaintances. They have the option of flirty interactions. I can’t get the Sibling Rivalry story up as an option. 

in screenshot- Emily and Isabella are Evie’s sisters (lexi and Jarrett are their parents) but they do not appear or act as siblings. 

Message 66 of 117 (1,126 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same issue with siblings and the generations do not show up properly. Player ID 1004537838498

Message 67 of 117 (1,093 Views)

This is just a theory but maybe having a sim from one lot move into another lot and then haveing them have children is what causes this?  Because when i created my sims neighbors, i accidently had them in the neighbors lot and that made them roomates. Even when i moved them. After that, that's when the sibling glitch happened for me. For both sides, neither family could have more than one child with a proper sibling relationship. Even the families merge in one house hold when retiring rather than having their own retirement photo. Which is odd. 

Message 68 of 117 (1,052 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@whackywhippet234 My Sims are all from the same house.
Message 69 of 117 (1,031 Views)

Re: My 2 sims aren't siblings

★★★★★ Novice
@SalixCat Hey this is still not fixed. I’m having the same issue.
Message 70 of 117 (935 Views)