Re: [Open] - Siblings don’t recognize each other

by WinslowSimFamily

Original Post

Re: How to unlock the sibling rivalry story?

★★★★★ Novice

I don’t think so. All my sims all live in the same house and have never moved. Their parents are still playable too. 

Message 71 of 117 (1,478 Views)

Siblings

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Android Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) LG STYLO 5
OS Version I don't * know
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Whenever my sims have children, they never recognize their siblings
What do you expect to see? An actual solution
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region South America
Country Guyana
Additional feedback

The siblings don't seem to recognize each other or anyone else than their parents and I can't seem to access the sibling rivalry option no matter what I've tried. I searched online and many people had the same but no actual solution was given. Can someone please help me with this?

Message 72 of 117 (1,489 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@BunnyAppleCake Was there ever a solution to this problem? I have the same issue.
Message 73 of 117 (1,397 Views)

★ Novice
It has not been fixed. I am having the same problem.
Message 74 of 117 (1,340 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I view this as most likely a form of data corruption. Once an account goes bad, it seems to stay bad (has ANYONE been able to get rid of the problem yet on their own?).

I tried to get the customer support to try deleting my sims' generational data so I could hopefully get a clean start with a new generation. They wouldn't do it though and just sent me some stuff about reinstalling which did not help.

I am waiting again to find a convenient time when I can retire all of my sims at once and start a brand new sim. If I can get customer service to cooperate and clear the generations data before I start the fresh sim then maybe the data corruption will be corrected. That's the hypothesis I want to try anyway.

Message 75 of 117 (1,321 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem. Couldn’t contact support and, as this post is not new, it seems it’s not EA priority to solve this.

Message 76 of 117 (1,254 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims Mobile
PlatformApple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with: iPhone 11 Pro
OS Version: iOS 13.3.1
Player ID: [Removed - CM]
How often does the bug occur?: Always (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a couple have two or more babies. When the babies grow up make them playable and check their Contacts and relationship status.
What do you expect to see? Relationship status corrected
Connection type: Mobile Data
Please select your region: Asia

Additional feedback:

‌Two of my married sims had seven babies. When I made three of them playable, none of their contacts were shown as siblings, only acquaintances. However, they do recognize their mother and father. At first I thought that all I had to do was introduce them to each other but apparently it didn't work out that way. I've tried both in a friendly and confrontational way, but nothing happened. The flirty option was also available, which is really absurd as they are brothers and sisters. This difficulty has occurred since the first time I played the sims mobile. I've never had any problems with this game before.

Message 77 of 117 (1,197 Views)

Re: My 2 sims aren't siblings

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have 3 siblings, 2 boys and a girl all grown up. One of them is retired and not payable, ai have both other playable. I had never interacted between them before and started the rivalry option, but the siblings rivalry story didn't show up as option, and all of my siblings don't recognize themselves as siblings, none of them is adopted, all have same mother and father.
My ID is  [Removed - SalixCat]

Message 78 of 117 (1,090 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I find this especially frustrating because I can’t do the Sibling Rivalry story (which, as far as I can tell, is the ONLY family story in existence). I mean, sure, it’s a little weird that they can do the romance stories, but it’s far more annoying that they CAN’T do a family story. I’d been looking forward to it ever since I first bought the dang bassinet, and I never would have imagined that after everything it simply wouldn’t be a functioning option just because... um, because why, exactly? It seems strange that one of the game’s features would be completely disabled for so long without the issue being addressed.

To be clear, I have three biological siblings who each have the same mother and father listed (and the parents were married long before any of them were born, for that matter). They all grew up together and are all playable characters now, but recognize each other as mere “acquaintances” rather than siblings. I tried starting a rivalry with two different pairings, but at the end of the initial hour-long hangout, the list of stories that popped up did not include “Sibling Rivalry.” I even tried going the “friendship” route in case it was listed there, but that didn’t work, either.

Player ID: (CM Edit: Please do not include Player ID's) 

Message 79 of 117 (1,040 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I also have this issue, my Sims recognize their parents (Father, Mother) but not their siblings Frown. My player ID is: (CM Edit: Please do not include Player ID's) 

Message 80 of 117 (1,002 Views)