by Phantomlover1717

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[Fixed] Relationship heirlooms locked while story is done

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone XS
OS Version 12.1.4
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile )
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open the heirloom tab and then heirloom collection. Scroll to view the Relationship heirlooms
What do you expect to see? Relationship heirlooms that I have already unlocked and completed showing as unlocked
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country USA
Additional feedback

I retired a Sim this morning hoping to get more life tickets for makeover and instead was awarded Misery Loves Company heirloom, which is a story I've already completed. Since the relationship heirlooms are showing as locked, I was unable to sell it for any tickets.

IMG_1085.jpgIMG_1084.jpg

Message 1 of 18 (2,170 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [Open] Relationship heirlooms locked while story is done

This issue should be fixed now! If you should and don't get this message in game please try travelling, it should eventually pop up. 

If you accepted the offer and they still don't unlock, please make a new bug report. 

D1BhqhLXgAEvTy_.jpg

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

View in thread

Message 18 of 18 (2,505 Views)

All Replies

Re: Unlocked Relationship Heirlooms showing as Locked

EA Live QV Team

The heirlooms for a couple of the relationship stories are a new addition to the game, they will appear in the Retirement or Heirloom chests. If you've already completed or started the story before today's update you don't need the heirloom to start that story again.

Message 2 of 18 (2,110 Views)

★ Guide

It just doesn't seem fair to have to unlock heirlooms for relationships we've already completed, especially since when we earn heirlooms in events it's to start the relationship story. I don't want to have the possibility of getting the heirloom which will probably stay in my inventory since it doesn't do anything and looks almost identical to the others. I've seen several other people on Twitter assuming this is a bug as well because it doesn't make much sense for advanced level players.

Message 3 of 18 (2,103 Views)

It seems to be a bug:
https://twitter.com/SimGuruFrost/status/1100099367258607616

So if you did the stories already they should've been unlocked, but they aren't, right?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 4 of 18 (2,094 Views)

★ Guide

Yep, that was in response to my tweet which is why I'm confused now. All the stories I've completed are showing as locked, and when I unlocked the completed Misery Loves Company one earlier it gave me an heirloom in my inventory.

Message 5 of 18 (2,089 Views)

★ Guide

It's not fair that these heirlooms should appear locked when the stories have been completed months ago. @SimGuruMaaike I understand that we don't need the heirloom to start the story but having to unlock things we already own reduces our chances of unlocking other heirlooms that we don't own.

Please fix this.

Message 6 of 18 (2,069 Views)

Hero

I have finished 25 relationships. All are unlocked after the update even if I don't have the heirlooms. 

@theresebelivets  The heirlooms are locked because we haven't got them yet. That's what is new. Relationships are unlocked. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 7 of 18 (2,060 Views)

That indeed seems the case. 

The heirlooms are new, you can get them by opening Heirloom boxes. But I think most players, including myself, are still hoping for those rare heirlooms we don't have. 

Adding more in the mix makes the chances go down of getting the rare ones. 
I'd expect the heirlooms to already be added since we have the stories, completed and well, maybe this isn't possible?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 8 of 18 (2,057 Views)

★ Guide

@SimGuruMaaike I'd like to know if this bug is going to be fixed?? It's extremely frustrating that after playing for a year I'm expected to pay 50 life tickets to unlock relationship stories i had completed months ago. This is incredibly unfair to all players and we've got no response.

Message 9 of 18 (1,931 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I’ve been trying to collect all the heirlooms since day 1 of the game. The rare/purple heirlooms are extremely difficult to obtain, and I rely on selling duplicate heirlooms for a surplus of green/common tickets and blue/uncommon tickets in order to save for the rare/purple tickets. This current bug interprets these relationship story heirlooms as new, rather than allowing me to sell as a duplicate, further delaying progression to acquire the rare heirlooms. This is really an unfair burden. I hope this bug can be fixed soon and that an update can auto-complete the relationship story heirlooms I’ve already done. 

Message 10 of 18 (1,814 Views)