Re: [Open] - Passive Sims are "busy", stuck in events

by EA_Sanah

Original Post

Re: Passive Sims Getting Stuck in Events

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform: Samsung Galaxy A11

OS Version 10
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How can we find the bug ourselves? Select any active sim and try to interact with retired sims Moriah Hassan, Josie Goodrich, or Erick Reeder
What do you expect to see? the aforementioned sims to be available for interactions
Connection Type data
Please select your region North America
Country United States

@EA_Solaireplease see PM sent on Wed 5/4

Message 191 of 196 (1,359 Views)

★ Novice

I am new to this site, so I hope I am doing this right. I am having the busy issue with my second SIM which is passive. My first SIM and third through ninth SIMS I am able to switch between passive and playable. My second SIM is the Mom/Spouse, and I would like to be able to make her playable again. Even with an open slot, my portrait only shows the passive children as able to make playable, the Dad and other child are already playable. The thread says to DM my ID, but I'm not sure how to do that. When I try to send a message to @EA_Solaire, it says I'm not allowed to. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance. 

Message 192 of 196 (1,263 Views)

Community Manager

@stan7childers 

Try sending me a DM again now please. 

solaire.png

Message 193 of 196 (1,232 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Returning to this thread to add that the same glitch occurred again (despite it being almost a full year since I first reported it), except this time it happened to one of my active sims, who was swapped out with a then-passive sim during a loading screen (I had been applying a makeover to an unrelated sim in a separate household, if that matters). Attached are screenshots demonstrating the glitch.

The glitched sim had recently finished a hobby event, but again, she was active before the glitch took effect, and I'd had no intention of making her passive anytime soon. @SalixCat, @EA_Solaire, or any other EA representative, are you able to provide any insight into this issue, and preferably a timeline for when we can expect this bug to be fixed?

Message 194 of 196 (1,210 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@FinnKimbrel i can't even move my sims to another lot because the "busy" sims are retired and are supposed to be removed from my household. I can't unstuck then either because they aren't on my sim's contact list thingy, so i cant click on the elder sims either :C
Message 195 of 196 (1,016 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager (retired)

Sul Sul Simmers,

In the latest update's Blog Notes, we mentioned that the preliminary fix for the Sim Busy Issue would go live as a part of the Briny Nights update.

Below are a few more details:

Q] What do the preliminary fixes include?

A] The team has resolved a part of the issue: "Passive Sims stuck (in an event) when tried to make active." Players can now select any passive sim in family portrait and make them active without any issues. The team continues to investigate and fix other areas.

Q] What improvement would players expect in their games on this issue?

A] We are confident that Sims that are Passive but stuck as busy can now be active again. 

Q] How can a player take advantage of the fix?

A] Players can use the family portrait to switch the passive busy Sim back to active. If they are unable to, we suggest they back up their game, take note of their Player ID, and re-install the game.

Q] Once players get the passive but 'stuck as busy' Sim free, is there a possibility that the same Sim can get stuck again?

A] We believe this to fix to be a permanent one for passive sim busy issues. Ideally, Sims that recover should not face the problem again. If the problem does not resolve for any player, we would need to investigate why and I would request them to reach out to me! [Please DM me with your Player ID and the subject "Passive Sim still busy"]

Message 196 of 196 (4,244 Views)