Sims made passive stuck in unknown event

by shaunylg

Original Post

Re: Can’t Interact with Passive Character nor Promote it to Playable

★★★ Novice
@Ilois4 Thanks someone suggested the “restart while all sims are idle” a couple of posts ahead, I’m gonna try it. I can’t do the marrying in method because errrm the characters I’m playing are all siblings 😆 I really want to be able to switch between passive/active as the game was intending to do. Alas, it seems EA is taking quite a while to solve this issue.
Message 121 of 196 (412 Views)

Hero
@markleesauntie I have once married sisters when the game removed the other sister from the household during STS. All family ties were gone, so its possible to do. I just chose friendly story line, so no kissing actions when doing events and tried to avoid those actions during the proposal and wedding events. 😄 Once they were both active sims, it was safe to divorce them.

At the moment there’s so many extra issues, so try to hang in there. 🙏

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 122 of 196 (399 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Ilois4 Oh maybe I could try that but I do want to keep all the family ties I’ve established. 😢

Anyway I’ve tried doing the reboot stuff. I did find that my active SIMS were indeed stuck in events after rebooting. After 3 reboots, they were all finally really idle but my passive SIMS are still stuck at events, still can’t interact with them. I uninstalled, reinstalled, still the same. 💔

I hope EA fixes this bug soon. I’m kinda already invested in the story that I built. And well, literally financially invested in it too. 😅
Message 123 of 196 (880 Views)

★★★ Novice

3B8BC044-0E4E-4425-ADB9-C575D8CE03B7.png

Warning for the anyone who will attempt to remove a stuck passive character then marry them back to the household: they don’t retain previous relationships if they were the “initiator”. The relationships still appear in your contacts but you can’t interact with them in events anymore. 😕

The bigger problem is, if you’ve had 2 passive characters that were stuck and you manage to un-stuck them, they can’t do events together at all.

It might be good to finish all events of all playable characters before you make passive/promote any character to avoid the bug.

Message 124 of 196 (802 Views)

Re: [Open] - Passive Sims are "busy", stuck in events

★★★★★ Newbie

I have same issue, i couldn't promote my sim active back. So i removed two of my sim from game (i had that issue with only one, other one was personal) i noticed they were still in contacts of my other sims. And i can interact with them now. And i hope i can ask them move in with relationship level 8

By the way my sim which had this issue, wasn't on a usual event but i remembred that he was on a party before i make him passive. So i think that "event" might be those parties. But i don't know. Parties has ended, i collected rewards, so there was definitely no party anymore but it didn't solve the problem tho

Message 125 of 196 (625 Views)

★★ Novice

This is happening to me for a year and e.a games does not care :-( I am losing all my Sims maybe when we all stop playing they will actually care. I am so mad 😡 trying to resolve this issue for almost 2 years now 

Message 126 of 196 (586 Views)

Re: Passive Sims Getting Stuck in Events

★★ Novice

Is there a way to get help for this issue still thank you

Message 127 of 196 (585 Views)

★★ Novice

Samefor me did they ever fix it 

Message 128 of 196 (580 Views)

Re: Sim busy for unknown reason

★★ Novice
@EA_Sanah I am having the same issue can you help
Message 129 of 196 (580 Views)

Sims made passive stuck in unknown event

★★ Novice

Be aware NEW BUG , making making Sims passive and they get stuck in event I have lost 8 Sims in the last 2 years and recently two at the same time to this bug!! And have received no help from the company this is just sad am so upset.

They just become ghost and you can delete them all your work is gone 

I have also tried everything to get them back some Sims are deleted and stuck walking around as a horrible reminder for me truly going to stop playing because of this. 

Message 130 of 196 (445 Views)