[Fixed] Party no longer valid [Network Error 400]

by SteemedPotato

Original Post

Re: [Open] Party no longer valid [Network Error 400]

★ Apprentice

I just encountered this for the first time and concurrently with the no ads bug. Furthermore the bug appeared to resolve itself. Here are the sequence of events:

1. I log in after my party ends and the error pops up.
  2. The error returns after I view an ad.
  3. When I try to view a second ad the game's UI disappears, as is normal, but does not show the ad.
  4. I exit and reopen the ad, whereupon the game notifies me that the party finished. It wrongly claims that I made no individual contribution to the party progress and thus does not give me any rewards for it. The group contribution rewards though are given correctly.
  5. Later I watch 2 more ads - #3 fails to show while #4 displays correctly
  • Player ID: 1002988854617
  • Device: Moto e4
  • Connection: Wifi
Message 31 of 135 (2,092 Views)

★★ Pro

This just happened to me for the first time. Party was level 10. Had been glitch free even in chat. Happened when I went in to buy the desk I just unlocked in the Internet Icon hobby while hosting the party. Hope my friends get their party rewards because it has just disappeared on my end. 

Message 32 of 135 (2,036 Views)

★ Apprentice

NooOopsoOopsOOoooooOopsoooooo!!!!!Devil Broken heart

It's July and this just happened to me too on my server(?)-famous(not) Party Mondays!!!!! I hereby apologise to all my guests I promised stickers to. I even wrote down your sims' names! 

That all being said. I think it has to do with changing the internet connection as well. I went from crappy broadband at work to mobile data and home good broadband and snap! error! It comes on and off for mine (it appears only sometimes when I restart the game).

I tried going back to my data, doesn't work (party doesn't come back for me). I was left with about 3.5 hours to party completion. It was a level 10. I also had many party guests.. same as many of you folks.

Here's my share of the screenshot for it:

Message 33 of 135 (1,969 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Same. This happened last week.

Message 34 of 135 (1,940 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Happened again to me, can this thread be merged with the larger one? It’s buried somewhere.

many apologies to everyone who showed up, my parties routinely error out every 4-5 weeks 🤮😭

Normally, as reported on original thread about this, if I wait out the time it fixes itself but I think in the EA rush to squash the exploit once you get the error message that’s it, the game closes everything down. So that’s new now, I get it, but extremely frustrating as this isn’t a new bug.

Message 35 of 135 (1,923 Views)

★★★★ Expert

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!? MY PARTY GLITCHED IN ONLY 30 MIN! PLEASE FIX THIS!

I'm so frustrated right now.

Message 36 of 135 (1,843 Views)

★★★★ Expert
Mine too!! This seems to be getting worse...half an hour is definitely a record!!
Message 37 of 135 (1,820 Views)

★★★★ Expert

I haven't had a successful party in several weeks.  Every single one has crashed.

Message 38 of 135 (1,815 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@Here4Snacks wrote:

Happened again to me, can this thread be merged with the larger one? It’s buried somewhere.

many apologies to everyone who showed up, my parties routinely error out every 4-5 weeks 🤮😭

Normally, as reported on original thread about this, if I wait out the time it fixes itself but I think in the EA rush to squash the exploit once you get the error message that’s it, the game closes everything down. So that’s new now, I get it, but extremely frustrating as this isn’t a new bug.

Are you referring to this bug thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Open-Cannot-return-to-party/m-p/6905040/highlight/true#M6434? Or this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Fixed-Can-t-return-to-attended-party/m-p/6688644/highlight/tru...? Or maybe this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Unable-to-return-to-party-Ignore-Attend-choices-Game-froze-if/...? Should we just merged all of them? Bcos it's basically cause by Network Error 400.

BTW, adding to my last night party crashing report: I missed out the full party rewards since my party was only up for 30 min then crashed when it was on level 8. THIS NEVER HAPPENED TO ME. This is getting annoying. What did you guys do? We ask for a fix, but you are making it extremely worse. Both me, and (reported by another) @themummyof4's parties crashed in 30min. Can you believe that? It used to be at least 2 hours, longest was 6 hours. Ah, I'm this close to quitting altogether.

Message 39 of 135 (1,778 Views)

★ Apprentice
hey, take it easy, we all missed out on individual party rewards too.. despite spending a lot of sim energy getting it to 3 stars before the crash.. if you look at some of the screen shots from before, you'll see that. It really sucks and I'm afraid it'll happen to me again too but it's temporary (seems so at least) and partying returns to normal the next round.

As compared to accidentally retiring a sim, every other reward from parties can be earned a different way, so take it easy.

but of course, if this makes you leave, then go ahead. But not quite worth a party bug I think.
Message 40 of 135 (1,772 Views)