Re: The Sims Mobile - Ad Issues

by Completion5D

Original Post

Advertisements Not Working

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Android Tablet
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Kindle Fire HD 10
OS Version OS 5.6.3.0
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1003220222370
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Advertisements are not available
What do you expect to see? Advertisements via my mailbox
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country United States
Additional feedback

When I previously played on this SIms Mobile account I had access to advertisements via my mailbox but earlier this year my device died and I had to replace it. I am using the exact same make and model getting it through google play as I did the other version but the ads haven't been available at all. I have cleared cache, data, uninstalled, reinstalled, connected to all the socials... everything I can think of. Is there something I am missing? 

I am missing out on coin, simscash, cupcakes, etc..

I appreciate any help you can give me.

Message 41 of 83 (1,448 Views)

Re: Advertisements Not Working

Hero

@Meecter 

Is usage sharing enabled in your game? 

Screenshot_20190521-095132_The Sims.jpg

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 42 of 83 (1,396 Views)

Re: Advertisements Not Working

★★★★ Apprentice

Yes

Message 43 of 83 (1,385 Views)

EA Live QV Team

@Completion5D Sorry to hear this is happening! On the mailbox you do see the icon above it and can tap on it? 

I also see you've listed two player IDs, do you have two accounts? Do you not see ads on both of them or is it on one of the accounts? 

Message 44 of 83 (1,370 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@SimGuruMaaike wrote:

@Completion5D Sorry to hear this is happening! On the mailbox you do see the icon above it and can tap on it? 

I also see you've listed two player IDs, do you have two accounts? Do you not see ads on both of them or is it on one of the accounts? 

Hey, thanks a lot for your reply. Yeah, I could see the icon bit nothing would happen after I taped on it. Sorry for the IDs, it was an error. Only the second one is correct.

But I think you have already fixed the problem for me? I just watched a video ad success by tapping on the popped up icon at the mail box (i was so excited! Thanks a lot!). I haven't got the chance tov check whether it works after completing a task, though. I will check later and give you feedback.

Message 45 of 83 (1,357 Views)

★★★★ Novice
So many typos lol I hope you could understand what I wrote...
Message 46 of 83 (1,356 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Video play after completing a task is also working now. Thanks a lot!
Message 47 of 83 (1,337 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I'll have what @Completion5D is having. lol
Congrats on getting working ads again!

Message 48 of 83 (1,317 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@SimGuruMaaike The ads aren't working when I tapped on the mailbox. I clicked on it twice today and nothing happens.

It happened around 11am (+8:00 GMT) today, May 26, 2019.

Message 49 of 83 (1,199 Views)

EA Live QV Team

@Rh0deIsland Thanks for the info, do you remember if you were able to watch 1 or 2 ads before it stopped worked? 

Message 50 of 83 (1,166 Views)