by FightForRyu

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[Fixed] No Sims show up for socializing

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Android Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Motorola
OS Version Na
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) FightForRyu
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start a relationship with a sim, go somewhere, in story's , socialize.
What do you expect to see? The Sim!
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country Usa
Additional feedback They don't show up at all now. It used to just be sometimes, but eventually they show up. But they won't appear at all. Haven't been able to build any of my current relationships in the last 12 hours! Usually If they can't come due to full lot, it will pop up saying go there or greyed out call over, but now there's nothing. And they never show up.

I waited to throw my party because it is great for building relationships. But with the glitches, this week's party was wasted Frown I stayed up all night..

Message 1 of 16 (3,355 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [Open] No Sims show up for socializing

Hero

I also had this issue some months ago but not anymore.  Sims show up at my sims home immediately in order to socialize. 

The other two issues you mention, @Phantomlover1717, are still the same. Sims stand outside when I'm hosting a party. Is it supposed to be like this?

Market square is a ghost town. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

No trabajo en EA.    

View in thread

Message 16 of 16 (2,741 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sim Don't show up (Relationship Socialize)

So when you call a Sim over they won't show up at all? Is this only when visiting other lots or also at home?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 16 (3,288 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice
Thanks for asking!
The Sims don't show up at all.
I've tried with all four Sims,at they but literally nothing happens when I click socialize.
Any location.
Message 3 of 16 (3,279 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
The same thing happen to me but I learned that if I click on socialize while I’m at home I’ll go to a different location on the map and go back to my house and the sim will show up.
Message 4 of 16 (3,270 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
That used to be the case for me as well. The delayed appearance.
I figure the sim was preoccupied at the moment ...
But eventually they will show up and the camera will even pan to them when they do.
But today, they never came, pip up window saying where they at with the choice, doesn't even pop up at all.

Let...
Think it might have had something go do with party guest glitch.
Message 5 of 16 (3,258 Views)

★ Novice
Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform: iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone 7
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) - 1003191864397
How often does the bug occur? Almost Every time (75%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start a relationship with a sim, go somewhere, in story's , socialize.
What do you expect to see? The Sim!
Connection Type Wifi & Data
Please select your region North America
Country Usa
Additional feedback: it occurs when I request to socialize via the “buddies” area. (Click on the sim to see the different buddy stories, choose a story then click “socialize”) I always have to click through twice to get the buddy to the location.
Message 6 of 16 (3,194 Views)

@FightForRyu@LexNagel & @urheiinous do you guys still have this issue?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 7 of 16 (3,123 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Hi @Phantomlover1717,

I just experienced this issue the other day.

Player ID: 1003448394603

For me, I think there was a specific trigger. The sequence of events went like this:

1. Playing on Device 1 (iOS).
  2. Retire one of my Sims (let's call them "SimA")
  3. Promote one of my child-now-adult Sims ("SimB").
  4. Start game play with newly promoted SimB.
  5. Stop playing.
  6. Resume playing later on Device 2 (iOS)
  7. Something doesn't look right with my Sims. I think my recently retired Sim (SimA) is showing up as a playable Sim in the house.
  8. Family portrait shows SimA (with grey hair) as one of the four main active Sims in the family portrait!
  9. There is an option to move out SimA.
  10. I move out SimA.
  11. I re-promote SimB.

Ever since that point, other Sims stopped coming by my house. This happened about 2 days ago. I was working on the current Special Event, so I didn't want to retire anyone else out of fear that I would glitch my game further.

Today, after finishing the Special Event, I threw a party to see what would happen. Would other players at least be able to visit my house for the party?

Thankfully, yes. 

Will Sims resume visiting the house after the party? I'll find out after the party ends in a few hours.

Lastly: for SimB (step 4 above), I started a Rival event with a Sim (let's call them "SimC"). After the whole family portrait hiccup, I've since been unable to "call over" SimC. SimC is in the contact lists of several of my Sims. None of them can call SimC over. Not at home, not at any other location. Also, in SimB's story panel, the rival story I started with SimC is no longer visible. 

I took a few screenshots, attached here. I wish I took more, but I was exasperated / panicked.

Also: weird side-effect in the family portrait: two of my Sims briefly became child-sized. Note: in this family portrait, you can still see my very first retired Sim who cannot be moved out, and my bassinet where the baby disappeared.

Help! The stability of this game appears to be in jeopardy.

Message 8 of 16 (3,083 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Thanks for the report @gamer2049er! Was your game completely closed on Device 1 before you started playing on Device 2? And do you remember what the last thing you did on Device 1? 

The issue with not being able to move out a Sim is something we're aware of and are looking into.

The Sims turning child size, do you know how that happened? Did you recently age them up or make them playable?  

Message 9 of 16 (3,043 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Hi @SimGuruMaaike,

First, I'd like to thank you for responding to the bug reports.

Getting back to your question: When I stop playing, I almost always close the app by exiting to the home screen. I rarely force-close the app (double-tap home button, swipe away the app).

I don't remember the exact final actions for this incident, but I think it was a combination of:

- starting a Relationship event with SimB (recently promoted)

- start a Career or Hobby event with one of my other sims.

- then closed the app by returning to the iOS home screen.

Another way of putting it is that I do not recall making any purchases.

As for the Sim-turning-child-sized, that happened only in the Portrait. When I closed the family portrait and re-opened it, they were normal sized again. Also, when this was happening, the Sims always looked adult-size in the portrait as it hung on the wall.

Question: Is there any possibility to having a debug build for the game, whereby we could submit logs against specific cases? I understand why you are asking for additional information, but it's not always easy to remember the last steps before an issue occurs. If there was a way to log actions across my two devices, it would construct a more accurate picture of the steps I took.

Message 10 of 16 (3,010 Views)