[Fixed] NPC has disappeared from home and family portrait

by shanicas

Original Post

Missing kids

★★ Novice

One of my Sims has 4 kids and I moved them to the next house on landgraab avenue, I then realized that 2 of the kids became a townie and I didn't remove them, they just automatically disappeared from my contacts and family portraitportrait and the relationship they had with my Sim didn't exist, can anyone explain why that happened please?🥺

I can show pics cause the kids have the same last name and a custom first name

And I can't find the next child anymore😓

Message 31 of 48 (1,342 Views)

Re: Missing kids

Hero
@KamalaG This is a bug.
I have merged your post with an existing thread about the same issue.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 32 of 48 (1,330 Views)

Re: Missing kids

★★ Novice

So there's no way for me to get them back I suppose

Message 33 of 48 (1,326 Views)

NPCs disappearing from their households

★★ Apprentice

This is the 3rd time this has happened to me and I'm frankly very upset at this point. I opened the game to find that one of my NPCs is now a townie, I knew because I saw her hanging out at the Eco Workshop. She disappeared from the family picture, her sister, which is a playable sim, doesn't recognize her as her sister anymore, and another playable sim had a BFF relationship with her on level 8 and that relationship also disappeared. 

This is absolutely unacceptable and heartbreaking to those of us with actual storytelling in our games. This needs to be fixed, I can't live in constant fear of losing my NPCs. 

Note: that household was not at its sims limit. Only 6 lived there. 

Message 34 of 48 (1,407 Views)

Re: NPCs disappearing from their households

Hero
@StellaKarameloh Sorry to hear this happening to your sims. I’ve had one npc disappearing and I was really sad. 😭 Did these disappearings happen during STS, since there is still the glitch in the game that if you take your npc to cafe during bake off, the npc “runs away”. (Not sure if this can happen during Treasure Hunt at Parkside)

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 35 of 48 (1,335 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@Ilois4 There was an STS ongoing, but I never took my NPC to the parkside 😔 I didn't know about this glitch, thanks for letting me know
Message 36 of 48 (1,334 Views)

Hero
@StellaKarameloh oh, maybe there’s then another action or event during STS that can also lead to npc disappearing ☹️

This is the earlier report on disappearing npc:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Open-NPC-has-disappeared-from-home-and-family-portrait/m-p/869...

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 37 of 48 (1,329 Views)

NPC SIM disappeared from household (was not moved out).

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Apple iPhone XR
OS Version 14.4
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? A non-playable character has just disappeared from my Sim family. He has not been moved out manually, and there is no record of him ever existing (other than in my screenshots). The relationship stories that his parents had with him are also gone (both had level 10 relationships with him).
What do you expect to see? A family of four sims, two playable and two non playable. Now I have three sims in the house, 2 playable and one non playable.
Connection Type Mobile
Please select your region North America
Country CANADA

I have no idea what happened, but a non playable Sim has disappeared from my household. He is the son of two playable sims. I happened to take a glance at the family photo when I opened my game this afternoon, and he was gone. I went through both playable Sims relationship stories, and the ones that they had with him are gone. He also doesn’t show up in contacts. It’s like there’s no record of him ever existing at all. 💔

Message 38 of 48 (1,238 Views)

Re: NPC SIM disappeared from household (was not moved out).

Message 39 of 48 (1,223 Views)

Re: NPC SIM disappeared from household (was not moved out).

★★★★ Novice
@yani_tsm Yeah, I did find this thread a bit later on in my searching. I found Davin downtown and reintroduced him to his father, now trying to level up the relationship story as fast as possible so I can get him to move back in. Looks like all familial ties are severed, but Davin still has the Good Upbringing trait, which means that the game knows he is the progeny of his parents.
Message 40 of 48 (1,181 Views)