Item limit. Reduced again. Game becoming unplayable.

by BlueWizardRob

Original Post

Re: The Sims Mobile Update - December 12th

★★★★★ Expert

We probably ought to start a topic about this on the technical issues or game bug page.  They actually seem to pay attention to those.

@PaQuilter1 wrote:

@BlueWizardRob I give up. I'm not doing the To Do List anymore. They are messing this game up Royally. 😖😡

Message 21 of 101 (1,305 Views)

Item limit. Reduced again. Game becoming unplayable.

★★★★★ Expert

After the update yesterday that added several new items available for purchase, I had to remove another 7 items in my home.  This is in addition to the 3 dozen I had to remove at the beginning of the month with that update.

This is really irritating and is reducing my enjoyment of the game.  If you want us to keep playing, you need to let us decorate our homes the way we want.

Please remove or increase the item limit for homes (and the Izzy creations limit)

Message 22 of 101 (1,299 Views)

Re: The Sims Mobile Update - December 12th

Champion (Retired)

@BlueWizardRob Ok. I really doubt it will help though. EA is known for messing their games up and making people mad. Just Google Sims and Death. 😕😖

Message 23 of 101 (1,303 Views)

Re: [Open] Item limit when recolouring or moving items

★★★★★ Expert

And the update yesterday seems to have decreased the item limit again.  I had to remove another 7 items from my home this morning just to do my  to do list.

Message 24 of 101 (1,502 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
Yes, @BlueWizardRob. I think the item limit decreased.

Do you think they made that decision because they needed resources to employ whatever was in the updates? Or do you think that was financially strategic? Curious what your theory is.
Message 25 of 101 (1,499 Views)

Re: Item limit. Reduced again. Game becoming unplayable.

Champion (Retired)

I posted this in Game Information and I'm posting it here too so you see it:

Ok so we did the Luxury Event, got tons of stuff and now EA wants us to put it all in storage? We got the update today and everything I touch is giving me the dreaded "Item Limit". I can't even change colors on anything, can't change floor colors nothing, Nada! Why did we just do that event? I didn't ask for 3 Loveseats and tons of tables, the game gave them to me. Can someone explain your reasoning behind the newest update or the real objective of this game?

Or is your objective to make people mad?

Fix it...

Message 26 of 101 (1,292 Views)

Champion (Retired)

It is no longer marked solved. YOU MADE IT WORSE!!! 

Message 27 of 101 (1,492 Views)

Re: The Sims Mobile Update - May 2nd, 2018 Patch Notes

★★★★ Apprentice
WHY HAS THE ITEM LIMIT BEEN SIGNIFICANTLY REDUCED? This update has made this game complete and utter garbage. Please increase the item limits! I can’t purchase, move, or change the items color without being prompted to remove items. This makes throwing a party IMPOSSIBLE because after the party, I can’t place my items back!! Please, E. A., fix this issue.
Message 28 of 101 (1,283 Views)

Re: Item limit. Reduced again. Game becoming unplayable.

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice
Same problem.

WHY HAS THE ITEM LIMIT BEEN SIGNIFICANTLY REDUCED?
This update has made the game nearly unplayable. Please increase the item limits! I can’t purchase, move, or change the items color without being prompted to remove items. This makes throwing a party IMPOSSIBLE because after the party, I can’t place my items back!! Please, E. A., fix this issue.
Message 29 of 101 (1,394 Views)

★★ Guide

Gosh, this item limit issue is getting frustrating: without doubt, the limit itself has decreased again with this update.

Yesterday, pre-update, I was able to place three additional Luxuriously Ornate Dividers and a Mossy Marble Bench on my lot. I didn't keep them on the lot - I was deciding what to do next - I put them all back into storage.

Today, post-update, having made no changes to the lot in the meantime, I can't place them at all.

As soon as I touch anything, I get the item limit message. I've just made the mistake of sending a chair I'd placed outside, to storage, rather than hitting cancel. And now I can't put it back.

I'm full of admiration for the look of this game. The mobile gameplay itself doesn't hold me; my Sims 3 families can lead much richer lives. If I'm unable to enjoy the visual / creating aspects of this game - and this item limit issue seems to be getting worse, not better - why would I continue to play and spend money on it?

Player ID: 1003470725480. Level 40; Daringly Deluxe.

Message 30 of 101 (1,468 Views)