Re: Icons Not Always Showing on Izzy Shop Rolls

by yani_tsm

Original Post

[Fixed?] Icons Not Always Showing on Izzy Shop Rolls

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone X
OS Version 12.4.1
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile )
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Visit the Izzy shop and roll for traits. For me it was the Sly trait that didn’t appear. Others have mentioned other icons not showing.
What do you expect to see? The image associated with the trait or effect
Connection Type
Please select your region North America
Country United States
Additional feedback

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone X
OS Version 12.4.1
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile )
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Roll a Sly trait boost at Izzy’s shop.
What do you expect to see? The sly fox icon.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country United States
Additional feedback I put that it happens 100% every time, but honestly don’t know for sure. It’s such a rare roll that it’s really hard to notice. Probably won’t roll it again for a few months 😂

28ACA914-CEB2-46B2-BC86-20BB493127B7.jpeg

Instead of rolling the sly fox icon (below) for the Sly trait at Izzy’s shop, I saw a black square (above). This isn’t the first time I’ve seen this. I simply roll this rare trait so...rarely...that I wasn’t sure if it was a pattern. I now believe it is. 

7F87C2D2-ECEA-4FE5-AACE-33BBF34107A1.jpeg

Message 1 of 8 (916 Views)

★★★ Guide

Same issue with Artistic Trait. 

P.S. Also 'Beachy' effect is not showing up, but it is a different bug. 

IMG_0834.PNG

Message 2 of 8 (881 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@yani_tsm What kind of device and OS are you using?
Also, is this happening now after last update or have you and @simmerdownMAL experienced this issue before?

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 3 of 8 (874 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Guide
@SalixCat iPad Pro (10.5 inch), iOS 12.4.1

The black square started after the recent Sept.11th update for me. Before the icon was still missing, but there was no black square.
Beachy effect was not showing up for me for a long time (3+ months).
Message 4 of 8 (869 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@SalixCat 

What @yani_tsm said sounds right for me.  I remember not seeing icons periodically before, but it’s likely that the black square is new, as it was so striking that I stopped and took a screenshot on it a few rolls before the fairy dress.

Message 5 of 8 (866 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Live QV Team

Thanks for letting us know about this. Please let us know if you notice this with any other icons Standard smile  

@yani_tsm Can you please create a separate bug report for the beachy effect Standard smile It will give people a place to let us know if there are other effects that do not show any more. 

Message 6 of 8 (833 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@SimGuruMaaike this is the first time I experience this issue in my game. The artistic trait icon was missing but the effect was visible.

My device is a Samsung Galaly S3 Tab with Android 9. 

ArtisticIzzyShop.jpg

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 7 of 8 (763 Views)

[ Edited ]

@yani_tsm & @simmerdownMAL both icons should be fixed according to the patch notes. Let me know if you see it again!

The patch notes: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/The-Sims-Mobile-Update-November-26th-2019-Patch-Notes/m-p... 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 8 of 8 (528 Views)