by ChaosGenie34

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[Fixed?] Hobby points go to the wrong Sim

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Android Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Samsung Galaxy S7
OS Version 7.0
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1003007040023
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have two sims working on separate hobbies in the same house, finishing around the same time.
What do you expect to see? When the second sim's event is completed first, the hobby points go towards the first sims' hobby, even though they are different hobbies.
Connection Type Mobile
Please select your region North America
Country United States
Additional feedback

Two of my sims, the first and second I made, were working on their hobbies at home. The first sim is working on the guitar hobby, the second on cooking. When the events complete at the same time and I click the check mark for the cooking sim first, his hobby points go towards my guitar sims' hobby level. This has happened every time I've tried to increase his cooking hobby level today, but I've only tried a few times. 

Message 1 of 30 (1,283 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [Open] Hobby points go to the wrong Sim

@ChaosGenie34 and everyone else, according to the recent patch notes this bug should be fixed with the recent update:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/The-Sims-Mobile-Update-April-17th-2018/td-p/6754767

Anyone still seeing this issue?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

View in thread

Message 24 of 30 (1,159 Views)

All Replies

Re: Hobby Issue

★ Guide
Mainly it's just UI bug, it just looks like the other sim's hobby is increasing while the fact your main sim's hobby is.
Message 2 of 30 (1,267 Views)

Bug: Hobby points cannot be collected as score is shown as 0/0 points needed

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Android Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Huawei Nova
OS Version 7.0
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile )
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? No progress is being made in the hobbys as the needed points for the next level of the hobby (cooking + playing the guitar) are being displayed as 0/0 (therefore also the progress bar does not fill). Moreover, the points for the hobby are annotated to the wrong sim.
What do you expect to see? That the hobby points go to the right sim and that the progress bar is being displayed normally like it has before.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Europe
Country Germany
Additional feedback

Dear all,

Since yesterday I've been having issues with the hobby tasks. Firstly, the hobby points that can be collected do not allow any progress or even a level up, as the progress bar is stated as 0/0 points needed to level up. Therefore, my sims can unfortunately not reach the last level and finish their hobby.
Secondly, the points that are being collected get annotated to the wrong sim.
It would be amazing if this problem could be solved soon Standard smile

Thank you very much for your help in advance! Keep up the good work, apart from that the game is really a lot of fun!

Best wishes,
maximofan

Message 3 of 30 (1,192 Views)

Re: Bug: Hobby points cannot be collected as score is shown as 0/0 points needed

★★★ Newbie
My main sim has cooking and the other has guitar, the main one could be doing it by himself but the points go to my other sims hobby
Message 4 of 30 (1,152 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I've seen this happen with my Sims, but it seems to be just a UI bug; the points do actually seem to go to the right place when you check afterwards, they only look like they're going to the wrong hobby. Unless you're experiencing a different bug. Have you checked to see if the actual progression is wrong, or just the pop-up informing you?

Message 5 of 30 (1,142 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Hannahmypet

I've also seen this several times and I can say that for me it's just the IU, they never get the actual points. So it's still a bug, but a minor one Standard smile

Message 6 of 30 (1,122 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Unfortunately the actual progression is wrong as no points seem to be rewarded to any of them. Been stuck on the same levels for quite a while now Frown

Message 7 of 30 (1,117 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@maximofan

Okay well, this sounds like another bug than the one in the first post. Don't know if you put your post here or someone moved/merged it, but it should have its own thread Standard smile

Try clearing the cache for the app or reinstalling it.

If none of that helps, could you try contacting EA support and see if they can do something? For some technical issues, they can help Standard smile

Go here to contact EA support: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/

• In the upper right corner, choose your region. If it's not there, choose US or UK.
  • Choose a game. For help with an account issue, choose Origin
  • Choose your platform
  • Choose topic and issue to give EA details.
  • Click Select contact option, and hopefully, you get in touch with someone fast!

Here are some tips on how to do it if it's complicated!
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/How-to-contact-an-Advisor-via-EA-Help/m-p/5650100

Good Luck!

Message 8 of 30 (1,108 Views)

Sims mobile - Hobby points

★★★ Newbie
March 27 9:40 pm Eastern time.
I noticed three times today i had one player work on her hobby and when it was completed the hobby points would go to her father & his hobby instead. Which he has already completed so she just wasted 6+ hours working on her hobby for nothing. It’s just a really annoying glitch.
Message 9 of 30 (1,030 Views)

Re: Bug: Hobby points cannot be collected as score is shown as 0/0 points needed

★★★★★ Apprentice
Having this as well on iPhone 6s. I have male sim working on cooking hobby while female sim working. Female sim is part of guitar hobby. When males hobby finished it credited female sim name and gave her points and talked about guitar hobby instead of the food and male sim.
Message 10 of 30 (1,029 Views)