Re: Game not able to play after update to the latest version in iOS

by PatiO85

Original Post

Re: Cannot update! Can’t get into game on iPad...

★★★ Novice

@Phantomlover1717 I contacted EA game about this issue on friday. The gave me some advices (remove the app, download it again, download last version of the Ios on my phone) but nothing changed.

I just sent another email to inform them that the problem is not fix... I will let you know when I have a reply Wink

Thanks for your help Standard smile

Message 11 of 24 (1,009 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I contacted EA over 2 weeks ago with the problem and they were aware of it. As of now I haven’t heard anything back and still cannot get on. 

Message 12 of 24 (985 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same for me... No answer and still impossible to connect and play.

So frustrating!

Message 13 of 24 (945 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem too Frown

It started after I connected my game to Facebook and loaded it on my android phone to get the achievements. When I loaded the game back to my iPad, it kept asking for an update.

I think there's a discrepancy between the android version number and the ios one. 

Please fix it soon.. I want to play on my iPad Frown

Message 14 of 24 (931 Views)

★★ Novice

Same issue started for me today, too. I’d been playing for days on my iPad with no problems. I installed, opened, and loaded my saved game (via Facebook connect) on my Android phone and it was so small, I played a couple minutes and shut it down. Went to play again on my iPad and immediately got stuck in the “Please update” but no update available loop. I killed the game and restarted, uninstalled and reinstalled, restarted the iPad, refreshed the App Store updates page so many times. Nothing worked. I could get into the game after reinstalling, but as soon as I reconnected to Facebook and went to load my saved game (good game, level 20), it popped back into the update prompt preventing me from playing.

i actually did get a callback on my ticket from EA... but, the call disconnected while on hold with TWO different techs. And neither called back. I received an email saying “no response received” but it wasn’t an email I could reply to. Believe me, I tried. Very, very frustrating!

Message 15 of 24 (894 Views)

★★★ Novice
Hey!

I would like to know if there is any update about this issue as it is still not fixed?
Plus, EA Games put 2 new challenge during that time so we can't participate... Not nice. At all.
Thanks for your help
Message 16 of 24 (848 Views)

Re: [Open] Game stuck on update screen iOS

★★ Novice

i have the same problem. Reported it to EA using the link given by Mai. They replied with canned message and advised me to post in the forum. Im missing a lot of progress because of these bugs/glitches. Summer Throwdown League will end soon. Giving us Simoleons or SimCash will not fix the trouble. I guess thats the reason why a lot of Sims Mobile players are quiting. Frown

Message 17 of 24 (832 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice
I don’t know if I’m right, because I didn’t get a reply from the EA support about that, but if you connect the game first to an Android platform you cannot connect then to the iOS.
Message 18 of 24 (774 Views)

★★★ Novice

no don't think the issue comes from that, for month I'm used to play on both without any problem Wink

Message 19 of 24 (762 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Player ID:100402776213

case #:42815973

I’m having the same issue. The game plays and advances normally on Android but I’m trying to load my game to my iPhone and its demanding an update. I have been in contact with EA games assistant via email and they suggest that this is a bug with the game not the app itself. Update

Message 20 of 24 (726 Views)