Re: Cannot update! Can’t get into game on iPad...

by Phantomlover1717

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[Fixed] Game stuck on update screen iOS

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iphoneX
OS Version 11.4.1
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile )
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I have updated the game from Apple App Store (version 11.1). When I load the game, it shows "Update" button at the loading screen and when the game load in to my game screen, the "update" still stuck there and I'm not able to play the game. I have already update the game from the Apple App store to the latest and it still prompt me. I have also tried reinstall the game, but after done with the tutorial and choose to load the game from my facebook account, the "update" notification comes back. I have tried updating using my android tablet and it is loading fine with my android tablet. Note that both my android tablet and iPhone is connecting to the same account. Previously before the update, both my tablet and iPhone is able to load and play without any issue. Please help to fix the problem.
What do you expect to see?
Connection Type Mobile
Please select your region Asia
Country Singapore
Additional feedback

I have updated the game from Apple App Store (version 11.1). When I load the game, it shows "Update" button at the loading screen and when the game load in to my game screen, the "update" still stuck there and I'm not able to play the game. I have already update the game from the Apple App store to the latest and it still prompt me. I have also tried reinstall the game, but after done with the tutorial and choose to load the game from my facebook account, the "update" notification comes back.

I have tried updating using my android tablet and it is loading fine with my android tablet.  Note that both my android tablet and iPhone is connecting to the same account.

Previously before the update, both my tablet and iPhone is able to load and play without any issue.

Please help to fix the problem.

Message 1 of 24 (2,536 Views)

Accepted Solution

Message 23 of 24 (2,254 Views)

All Replies

Re: Game not able to play after update to the latest version in iOS

EA DICE Team

Sul Sul,@vanniew1 Thank you for the report! 

We are currently aware of this issue and looking into it. 

Thanks, and keep it up. :eahigh_file:

/Atic

Message 2 of 24 (2,483 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi,

Is there any update on this issue?

Has not been able to use my iphone to access Sims Mobile while I'm outside without access to my tablet.

Message 3 of 24 (2,420 Views)

★ Apprentice

I am also experiencing this issue. I play on iPhone and Android Tablet. The Android version loads just fine, iOS version is stuck on Update like above.

Message 4 of 24 (2,399 Views)

I've added this one to the bug list.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 5 of 24 (2,393 Views)

Cannot update! Can’t get into game on iPad...

★★ Novice

Hi,

Since yesterday my game gets as far as the first view of my sims house then immediately asks me to update.

I click through to the App Store and there is no option to update, only open the game.

I’ve uninstalled the game twice, restarted my iPad, pulled down the update tab in the App Store but the Sims never comes up as an available update.

Please Help!!!!

Thank you 😊🙏

Message 6 of 24 (2,420 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I actually had the exact same issue once. A new update was released shortly after the one I couldn't install for some reason and I was able to download that.
You could try googling a link for the latest update for the sims mobile and see if that helps. Otherwise, sadly your next best option is contacting EA.

Or idk does this work?

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Unable-to-play-game-without-updating-No-update-available-...

Message 7 of 24 (2,381 Views)

★★ Novice

I’m having the same issue. After not being able to give stickers, I got in touch with the EA support and they asked me to do the troubleshooting steps. I have done it 4 times and nothing. Now I can’t even open the game, cause it is stuck on that screen asking for an update but giving me no option at the App Store. 

My player id is 1003747951881

IPhone 6s 

Message 8 of 24 (2,356 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm in the same situation since 3 days... Very annoying specially because I'm losing the photographer quest Frown

Any update? 

Thanks

Message 9 of 24 (2,340 Views)
Highlighted

@milleniumshrimps I merged your post to the bug report on this issue.

@vanniew1@Dollylo1606@PatiO85 & @star0kiss

Could you try contacting an EA game advisor about this issue, see if they can do anything. Please let me know if they can or can't.

You can do so through The Sims Mobile app. Open the side menu, choose the gear icon, then the button with 'Help'.
This will open your browser, scroll down until you see 'Contact Us' and choose 'Technical Support'.

Open the spoiler for pictures:

Spoiler
collaged.jpg

If this fails for some reason, or you can't access The Sims Mobile app. 

You can contact EA through this link: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

If you want to do so in a different language you can choose your country of choice in the upper right-hand corner. 

You can also choose to contact an EA game advisor through social media:

- Twitter: https://twitter.com/EAHelp
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/EAHelpHub/

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 10 of 24 (2,317 Views)