[Fixed] Game crashes when watching ads

by Phantomlover1717

Original Post

Re: [Collection Thread] various crashing issues

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Hi everyone,

Thanks for letting us know about this. Could you let us know if this is happening with all the ads for you, or with some of them?
If it doesn't happen every time, do you remember the ads you had the problem with?

Does the app close before or after watching the video?

Also, could you share your player ID with us?: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/Guide-How-to-find-your-player-ID-in-The-Sims-Mobile/td-p/...

Thanks again!
-Mai

Message 21 of 58 (1,246 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I get the same issue, mine happens before the ad. It would sometimes crash like this before, but it's gotten much more frequent recently.
Message 22 of 58 (1,214 Views)

Re: Sims Mobile Crashing

EA Live QV Team

Thank you all for the device information! Could you please also post your PIDs, you can find this in settings > help & about > about (13 numbers). This will help our investigation into this Standard smile 

Message 23 of 58 (1,276 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide
My device info
Samsung Galaxy s8 plus. It runs on Android Version Oreo 8.0

SimsQAMaaike
Whoops I didn't realize what u met when u said pids. So after I posted my device info I was like wait o player ID u met.
I will leave my device info still. Here's a screenshot of my player ID too
Message 24 of 58 (1,259 Views)

★★★★ Guide
SimsQAMaaike

Question. Why do they need player ID to investigate. That makes no sense. Please explain
Message 25 of 58 (1,236 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

PID and current version

Message 26 of 58 (1,254 Views)

EA app Team
Thanks for the details, and welcome to the forum, @Lawlheart!

Would it be possible for you to share your player ID with us? You could take a screenshot so you don't need to copy/paste Wink https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/Guide-How-to-find-your-player-ID-in-The-Sims-Mobile/td-p/...
Message 27 of 58 (1,228 Views)

Sims Mobile Crashing Out Issue

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice
Okay, Every single time I try to watch a video ad to obtain a bonus reward it crushes. It brings me straight to my phone screen with the prompt "The Sims has stopped. " It happens 100% of the time. It doesn't matter if it is the mailboxes, work or hobbies video bonus rewards. I was told by EA help to submit a post on here for the possibility of a update/help/fix with this problem. All they could do was direct me here after giving me steps for trouble shooting. It started on April 6th near the evening. It is still happening. I have tried a bunch of different things to try to fix it. None of them obviously have worked. I went thru all the trouble shooting steps. (My device is up to date, so is the app. I've restarted the app. I've closed background apps. I've power cycled my phone. I've cleared the app cache and data. I've reinstalled the whole app. Etc All that fun stuff.) Hopefully a solution is found soon so this issue is fixed for anyone dealing with it.
Message 28 of 58 (1,242 Views)

★ Novice
Omg!!! I get the same thing too!!!! Everytime I try to watch an ad it just stops. Giving the same error as you. Maybe it's our phone or maybe its EA that needs to fix this issue. I've lost a lot of money. Everytime it forces stop we never get the money or other earnings.
Message 29 of 58 (1,246 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice
Here is mine. It happens with every single ad. It crashes before the ad starts. I've already tried all the trouble shooting stuff.

(More information)

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform: Android Phone(Google Play)
List the specific device you play with: Samsung Galaxy s8 Plus (SM-G955U)
OS Version: Android 8.0.0 – Oreo
Player ID: 1003023849860
How often does this bug occur: 100% of the time.
How can we find the bug ourselves? Clicking on the mailboxes for video ads. Also when completing a task such as hobby/job when it gives you the option to watch a video ad to earn a reward bonus.
What do you expect to see? I expect it to not crash the game out and to let me actually view the video for reward bonuses.
Connection type: Wifi (No issues with my connection)
Region: North America
Additional feedback: It crushes the game down before even getting to view the video advertisement for a reward bonus. It gives me a prompt saying “The Sims Mobile has stopped”. I have in fact tried all the trouble shooting steps. I even reinstalled it. It did nothing to help. This started on April 6 for me. It is still happening. This happens 100 % of time. I have missed out on A LOT of reward bonuses because of it. It’s happening to others. Here is one forum for proof.
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Collection-Thread-various-crashing-issues/m-p/6743806#M2416

Message 30 of 58 (1,211 Views)