Re: [Fixed] Game crashes when watching ads

by Y0RICK_N

Original Post

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

@Hretha Thanks for sharing that tip with everyone! Standard smile

@all I'm marking this thread as solved, but please, don't hesitate to let us know if your game is still crashing with ads.

Thanks,
-Mai

Message 51 of 58 (1,782 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I find it odd that commercials can play all the way through but then crash on the reward part. Convienient that they force you to have to click an accept button after watching the ad, almost as if to make sure you watch it instead of doing something else when they could just let the reward be awarded after the ad has played. Instead, now we're watching the Ad for NOTHING because after the ad is done, it crashes to black screen and you can't accept a reward if you can't see it. I'm starting to feel like some of these bugs are just to keep you from getting the free stuff you save up that you usually have to pay for.  Parties are still wish washy on deciding to reward a party cake. The quest log is wish washy on giving the llamazoom completion quest which gives a cupcake. Peoples parties glitch and then you can't return to the party because then the ENTIRE party vanishes and you get no reward. How is that SO many bugs have to do with shorting people on rewards? Sounds like its not a bug but an implement that looks like a bug, especially since its been in for over a month like this. 

Message 52 of 58 (1,679 Views)

@LadyAkane this problem has been solved, is your app fully up to date? What device do you have this issue on and what is your player ID?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 53 of 58 (1,664 Views)

★ Apprentice

Same problem, same solution. If the dev mode is activated in the Android menu, ads crash most of the time the whole app. Thanks for pointing that out !
Devs, do your job, fix that ! Some options are helpful for system performance and general accessibility, it should not be a problem.

Message 54 of 58 (1,503 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@LadyAkane Omg. All this time, I thought there was some kind of "pattern" I NEED to do to be able to get those party cakes until you pointed this out. Thank you. :-)

Message 55 of 58 (1,472 Views)

★ Novice

I've got the app running on a S7Edge, it's up to date, and it crashes immediately after clicking on 'Watch'. Not during the ad, not after, but before. Screen goes black and I return to home.

Launching the app launches from start, not from idle. So a definite total crash. Nothing claimable. Ad pops up again as if never run.

I don't get this issue with anything else I run.

Message 56 of 58 (1,421 Views)

Re: Watching Ads for extras is closing Sims app

★★★ Novice
@Hotanuri Me too
Message 57 of 58 (1,030 Views)

★★★ Novice

This is happening to me too doe it look like this:

Message 58 of 58 (1,029 Views)