[Fixed?] Game crashes at home

by Here4Snacks

Original Post

[Fixed?] Game crashes at home

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPad
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Latest gen
OS Version Forget there was an update just recently
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1003133057821
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? ?
What do you expect to see? Being able to play the game.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Australia
Country
Additional feedback

I think this is it, so many bugs but this is the most frustrating.

only happens at home

game crashes then reloads and I lose ALL progress

can’t Last more than 2mins

makes this event impossible since I have to do three rival 3vents, which are done at home, lost all cupcakes (currency I lose and don’t get back) and literally cannot even complete one.

have done all troubleshooting 

This game is no longer fun & before anyone tells me too no I’m not contacting direct because that’s a waste of time, like the dark sim no one helps and just tells me to come here.

Message 1 of 8 (1,400 Views)

Re: Game crashes at home only, constantly

Is you WiFi working correctly, could you test on another WiFi or mobile data?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 8 (1,370 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Me too.

Product: The Sims Mobile

Platform: Apple iPad

List the specific devices you play with: Apple iPad Air 2 and Apple iPhone 5SE

OS Version: 11.4.1

Player ID: 1003291874858

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)

Steps: I'm not sure, but try to do events at home, and randomly the game freezes and crashes. It happens whether I actively tap things or just let the game run on its own.

What do you expect to see? Ability to play.

Connection Type: WiFi

Please select your region: North America

Additional feedback: I held a foodie party yesterday, and this started after the party was over (coincidence?). I can't think of any new house item purchases or additions. Uninstalling and reinstalling the game didn't change anything. This happens on both devices.

ETA: This happens at home regardless of whether an event is running. My Sim has no event active and the game still froze. However, it does NOT crash while in build/buy mode (but I'll edit if that changes). It seems live gameplay mode is needed  to trigger the crash.

Message 3 of 8 (1,264 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

it's not wifi seems to only hit apple users. 

It's a game breaker, so frustrating that when a bug like this happens nothing is fixed especially when there are things you are forced to do at home, spent the last 20mins trying to rush through that new llama truck thing only to have the game crash and it start ALL over again, right back to the sunrise for the new day. If you're going to bring out new content but not fix the bugs then I'm almost done with this. 

I've lost stickers because of this

I've lost objects I've paid for and the coin because of this

I can not throw a party because of this.

... why am I losing stuff when it crashes and restarts? no clue but I've noticed when I try to unlock a 22k+ land spot and the game crashes the land is locked and my 22k+ is gone, so it's a problem.

It's exactly as @Immichan has describe, only in live mode, not build mode. Doesn't matter if you do anything, it's like there is a unknown timer and once it's up it crashes but it's constant and relentless. 

beyond frustrating.

fix your game please

Also for some FYI feedback, 2 weeks ago I had a full friend list of lvl40 players, all active, today I have 4... 4 active lvl40 players, the rest have not logged in for 9+days

Message 4 of 8 (1,202 Views)

Re: [Open] Game crashes at home

★★ Novice

I also have this problem, and it happens ALL THE TIME.

Message 5 of 8 (1,056 Views)

★★ Novice

By the way, I'm alson an Apple's user

Message 6 of 8 (1,054 Views)

Could you give a few of these a try:
https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/mobile/troubleshooting-steps-for-ios-apps/

Like clearing the cache.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 7 of 8 (944 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Was this ever resolved?  I am having the exact same issue and have tried all of the recommendations in this thread (updated iOS, uninstalled and reinstalled app, cleared Safari cache, etc.) to no avail.

Message 8 of 8 (797 Views)