Re: [Open] Certain time options not available Work/Hobby

by rustyding

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Someone told me a workaround.

Make sure all of your sims are idle. Force close the app, and reopen. When you open the game, you can see the "Check" symbol.

Somehow the game failed to recognize if the event has finished or not. The events are finished but somehow the game thinks that you haven't finish them, resulting in overlapping events.

Message 51 of 98 (858 Views)

★★ Novice

Great tip, thanks! I had to force closethe app 3 or 4 times for it to work, but in the end it did. Plus, every time I reopened the app, I got extra xp for my other sims events, and even extra Heirloom Tickets! 

Message 52 of 98 (832 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem with all of my sims. It seemed to start when the Thanksgiving event began. Thanks for the tip, I'm going to try it when my sims finish their events. 

Message 53 of 98 (804 Views)

Re: [Open] Certain time options not available Work/Hobby/Relationships

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

During Llamazoom relationship option, two of my sims were trying to complete hangout tasks. But, I noticed that for some sim contacts the QUICK/LONG option is not showing/available. However, when I try them to hangout with another sim contact (usually a new relationship level contact) the QUICK option is available.

Again, my fix for this is finishing tasks ASAP & using up the energy of non-glitchy sims to further move them along in completing tasks to finish Llamazoom. Then, for those sims that show the glitch, I leave them free. I then close the app, clear cache of my device. When I open the game, usually I see that the free sims are doing halfway the QUICK/LONG event that it wasn't able to do before. More importantly, the Llamazoom status does not change. Meaning if I have already completed 3 QUICK, 2 STANDARD & 0 LONG, it's still showing as it is. Thus, making it easier for me to finish Llamazoom.

Still, it's really a hassle to be doing these steps instead of before where there was no glitch in the game.

Hope this gets fixed ASAP before a possible Christmas Event!

Message 54 of 98 (775 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
This is brilliant, thanks! I had so many unfinished tasks that one of my sims just went from level 8 to 10 in a career just through closing and restarting the app. Took quite a few closed to clear but at the moment they all seem back to normal!
Message 55 of 98 (758 Views)

Re: SIm in two work sessions at one time

★★ Novice

Same here. My Sims are as if they are switching or beginning events of their own free will! So frustrating! Please fix this bug! 

Message 56 of 98 (726 Views)

Standard shifts waterfront

★ Novice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Android Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) S7
OS Version Android
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1003202081018
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I can only do standard shifts on the waterfront and cannot do quick shifts in other careers
What do you expect to see? A fix!! I'm missing out on llama tokens and I'm trying to build new rooms. Very annoying.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country United Kingdom
Additional feedback

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Android Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) S7
OS Version Android
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1003202081018
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I can only do standard shifts on the waterfront.
What do you expect to see? A fix!! I am losing out on llama tokens because of this.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country United Kingdom
Additional feedback

Message 57 of 98 (717 Views)

The game needs to get some tasks out of it's system, just keep force closing and hitting those pink check marks until it feels better. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 58 of 98 (696 Views)

Player ID: 1003573937503

I hope I'm in the right place for this.

I'm experiencing missing quick/standard/long task options. It happens more and more often lately, and I keep having to close out the game and log back in to make the option I need available again. It's annoying to have to do that multiple times a day. 

Message 59 of 98 (676 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Closing and opening the app didn't work for me.

Maybe you could try this:
First be sure all your sims are not busy. Then force close the app, delete cached files and restart your device. I had to do this three times until all shifts were available again.

Haven't experienced any sync issues since I did this a couple of days ago.

I'm also deleting cached files once a day.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 60 of 98 (672 Views)