Re: [Open] Certain time options not available Work/Hobby

by MayaRose1138

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice

I just had one of my Sims in a quick event (hobby). I closed the game and re opened it and he was finished with a long shift instead of in the middle of his quick shift. I tried to start a quick shift, but the option is simply missing.

At the time I had no Sims doing any harvest events, though I had previously had one sim (not the glitched one) doing the home one. The glitched sim had been doing a long hobby shift while the other sim did harvest event.

All Sims were home, doing quick and standard hobby shifts for Llamazoom.

I'm not sure what other details may be helpful for troubleshooting this bug.

Message 21 of 98 (1,195 Views)

EA Live QV Team

We’re very sorry that you’re unable to start some of the career shifts. We are looking into it.

These steps may help:
1. If any Sims have completed events that are ready to be collected, collect those.

2. Close your game completely, also in the background. 

On iOS (iPhone 8 or earlier): press the home button twice and swipe up on the game.

On iOS (iPhone X or later): from the home screen, swipe up from the bottom and leave your finger on the screen about halfway, then swipe up on the game. 

On Android: press the Recent Apps button and then press the X or swipe up on the game to close it.

3. Reload The Sims Mobile.

4. One of your Sims may have completed the blocked event or is active in the event.

If they’re active in an event, let the event complete and you should be able to progress in your quest then. It may be the case that you don’t see any stars in the event to speed up the progress, that is also an issue we’re aware of.

Again we’re sorry for this trouble. Please let me know if this workaround worked for you.

Message 22 of 98 (1,638 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I've lost the ability to do quick shifts for my doctor, and standard shifts for my photographer.  I also can't get anyone to do the Harvest Cooking at the Restaurant event.  I had all my sims finish their tasks, then tried to get all of them (one at a time) to do the event but they wouldn't.  I've also tried swiping and restarting my game and that didn't work either.  Which means getting the 1,200 slices I need is going to be even harder without that event.  

I need that event event in around 12 hours (if I can get the 1,200 slices plus a llamazoom by bedtime tonight).  My player ID is: 1003022099410

I play on an iPad Air 2, and the game is up to date.  I think my player name is MayaRose (can't find it to determine it).  

Message 23 of 98 (1,168 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I've definitely done those recommended things several times, but my Sim still doesn't get quick shifts as an option anymore. If it stays with just this one sim it will not completely block me, but if this starts getting worse, I'll get stuck on the Llamazoom requirements.

Message 24 of 98 (1,160 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Same I only have standard shift now... I play on Samsung s4
Message 25 of 98 (1,154 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@SimGuruMaaike wrote:

We’re very sorry that you’re unable to start some of the career shifts. We are looking into it.

These steps may help:
1. If any Sims have completed events that are ready to be collected, collect those.

2. Close your game completely, also in the background. 

On iOS (iPhone 8 or earlier): press the home button twice and swipe up on the game.

On iOS (iPhone X or later): from the home screen, swipe up from the bottom and leave your finger on the screen about halfway, then swipe up on the game. 

On Android: press the Recent Apps button and then press the X or swipe up on the game to close it.

3. Reload The Sims Mobile.

4. One of your Sims may have completed the blocked event or is active in the event.

If they’re active in an event, let the event complete and you should be able to progress in your quest then. It may be the case that you don’t see any stars in the event to speed up the progress, that is also an issue we’re aware of.

Again we’re sorry for this trouble. Please let me know if this workaround worked for you.

I even delete the app and download it back. Now my other sim can't do the long shift and the cooking event is not playable. 😭

Message 26 of 98 (1,142 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm also having the same problem! One of my Sim can only do standard or long shifts not short shifts!

Player ID: 1003507520770

Message 27 of 98 (1,128 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Long events disappeared for me

Message 28 of 98 (1,121 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I am posting this in three different posts forum because I'm going through the three of them since yesterday:

1. My Sim doesn't have any action bubble, unfortunately I didn't capture it

2. Another Sim cannot do its special chapter of Career. It's said that "Blaise is in this event already". Well, he IS Blaise.

In addition, other Sims also lost certain shift time option.

3. Since I was planning to put post the problem in the forum, I have made sure that none of my Sims are in any event so that the EA team can look it up, but strangely, a few hours later some of them finished their event.

My ID is 1003187484102

PLEASE look it up since I've spent a lot of money and time playing the game Frown

Message 29 of 98 (1,108 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Same.

One sim has only quick.

One sim has quick, long.

One has quick, standard.

One has long only.

Player ID: 1003402166779

Message 30 of 98 (1,082 Views)