by BettyBunny123

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[Fixed] Certain time options not available Work/Hobby/Relationships

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Android Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Samsung Galaxy S9+
OS Version 9.0
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1003467185363
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Yesterday I realised one of my sim only have 2 options for Marine Biologist work (no long shift option). It's hard to complete Lammazoom task as I only have 2 playable sims. Another issue is it has been almost 3 months since Izzy and Emily appear at the laboratory. They just standing completely still. I didn't do any report because it didn't bother my sims but since their presence, I realised that my sims do not have a co-worker at the laboratory.
What do you expect to see? Having 3 options to choose for work, no Izzy and Emily at workplace and having co-worker at laboratory.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Asia
Country Malaysia
Additional feedback

Screenshot_20181116-154156_The Sims.jpg

Here's Emily and Izzy at laboratory

Screenshot_20181115-220310_The Sims.jpg

And here's no long shift option for work 

Message 2 of 98 (6,202 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [Open] Certain time options not available Work/Hobby/Relationships

EA Live QV Team

Hey all, we’ve fixed an issue with the game servers that has caused this missing events or shifts issue. If you see this happen again, please let us know and it would help if you share your player ID and time this has happened to you.

It may be possible that your game is still in a bad state from before our fix went live. If it is, please restart your game and collect any events that are ready to collect – you may have to do this a few times.

And thank you for all your reports and your player IDs, this has helped our investigation into this issue.

View in thread

Message 77 of 98 (4,580 Views)

All Replies

SIm in two work sessions at one time

★★★★★ Apprentice

Platform:Apple iPad
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone 8 Plus. iPad Pro
OS Version 12.0.1 & 12.1
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) See attached
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Look at my Sim who is a dance instructor. He doesn’t have a standard option for a job event.
What do you expect to see? He doesn’t have a standard option for a job event. He should have a standard work event. He was also messed up in the medical career. That’s why I tried to change careers.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country United States
Additional feedback Actually I just fix this on my own. I went home and strangely enough he had a standard work session with a pink check and when I clicked on it, he was able to get a standard session again. It is very odd that he was in two sessions at one time.

My Sim had no option to do a standard work session. It ends up that he was in 2 sessions at the same time and one of them was at the house. Very odd.

Message 1 of 98 (6,171 Views)

Re: No long option for work, Izzy and Emily at workplace

★★★ Apprentice

One of my sims works at the restaurant, and just now I didn't get an option for long or quick shift. Only the standard one. Confused

(And just to be clear, she maxed the career. So long shift should be available.)

Message 3 of 98 (6,167 Views)

Re: No long option for work, Izzy and Emily at workplace

★★ Apprentice
When did you realise no option occurs? Mine started yesterday. And it's bothering me since I only have 2 playable sims. Harder for me to complete Lammazoom task.
Message 4 of 98 (6,153 Views)

Missing Shift Types on Sims Mobile

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone 7
OS Version 11.4
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1002964066688
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Tap the star to view shift options
What do you expect to see? Quick Shift, Standard Shift, and Long Shift
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country USA
Additional feedback

Starting Wednesday 11/14, many of my Sims do not have certain shifts available. First, my Sim in the Medical Career no longer had a Quick Shift option, then a day later Quick Shifts were missing for my Sim in the Space Explorer career, too.

Today, a Sim in the Massage Instructor career glitched during a Standard Shift. Before the Standard Shift finished, I got an alert that that same Sim had completed the Bundle of Joy event (which was the event she completed just before I had her start the Standard Shift as Massage Instructor). I clicked the checkmark, then tried to re-start the Standard Shift, but the only option available was Quick Shift--No Standard or Long shifts.

It now seems like the missing shift options per Sim keep changing. Sometimes a particular shift will be available to a Sim, other times it won't.

According to Reddit, this bug is also affecting many other players who, along with myself, are frustrated because they're making it extremely difficult to complete the Harvest Quest.

This bug is also referenced in this post on the EA forum, but the poster included other bugs in their report, so I'm making a new thread for this bug specifically.

Message 5 of 98 (6,149 Views)

Re: SIm in two work sessions at one time

I hope it's a one time glitch, if you see this more often do let us know! 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 6 of 98 (6,127 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I did see it again today.  Also the harvest events aren’t working. I think you all have a real problem here. 

Message 7 of 98 (6,123 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@MovieHelen wrote:

I did see it again today.  Also the harvest events aren’t working. I think you all have a real problem here. 

Agreed. There seem to be a few different bugs that sprang up recently, making it really difficult to enjoy this quest. I'm pretty active on the Sims Mobile subreddit and this bug seems like it's affecting a lot of people. Other bugs include missing the actions that speed up events (which I'm also experiencing) and Harvest Quest events inexplicably changing into Long Shifts (which I'm REALLY hoping doesn't happen to me).

Message 8 of 98 (6,099 Views)

★ Guide

I’m having exact same issues on iPhone with - so far - Spa and science centers. I have 4 players and have had to work around it. 

Message 9 of 98 (6,027 Views)

Re: [Open] Certain shift time options not available

★ Apprentice
Im having the same problem one sim job only has long shift another has only quick and long etc... Why?
Message 10 of 98 (5,997 Views)