[Fixed] Can't choose traits

by birdmother

Original Post

[Fixed] Can't choose traits

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Android Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Samsung S8
OS Version 9.0 Oreo
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1003425151580
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play normally until you get a traits pop-up. Tap choose now or choose later. Nothing happens. Go to the traits tab manually. See that the traits progress bar is empty, reset back to 0. Repeat.
What do you expect to see? A fully progressed trait bar.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Europe
Country Norway
Additional feedback The screenshots are taken seconds from each other.

Hello. 

I've been getting pop-ups about choosing a trait for my sims. I've experienced this around four times for each sim. The pop-up appears, I tap "choose now" and nothing happens. So I try to choose manually by going to the traits tab, but then I see that the progress bar on the trait I'm supposed to choose is reset to 0. I do this again and again and it fills up over and over again, but I never get to actually choose anything. Is there anything to be done? 

Edit: now that I've reached level 16, the option to choose traits is completely gone, replaced with retirement. I don't want to retire my sims without having been given the chance to progress any traits, but it seems to be my only option at the moment. I'm including additional screenshots further down in the thread (I guess the limit  it 3 photos), taken today, seconds apart. 

Message 1 of 33 (3,425 Views)

Re: [Open] Can't choose traits

EA Live QV Team

Hi @birdmother Can you tell us what your Player ID is? This page explains how to find it: https://help.ea.com/en/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile/ it's 13 numbers long. 

Message 2 of 33 (3,320 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Sorry I completely misunderstood, here it is : 1003425151580
Message 3 of 33 (3,267 Views)

Trait progress bar full/stuck?

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPad
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) IPad Air 2
OS Version ios 11.2.6
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1003482967056
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Advance through normal gameplay.
What do you expect to see? The option to choose the next trait. It appears the traits’ progress bar is full but I’m not receiving any notice/option to choose another.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Europe
Country UK
Additional feedback I’m unsure whether this is a bug or not, as I’ve never noted the progress bar for traits before. (Apologies, if the latter!)

Thanks 💐

Edited to add 27/03/18 8:11:

Resolved. The option for my sim to choose a trait appeared during a mentoring event this morning. 

Message 4 of 33 (3,241 Views)

Re: Trait progress bar full/stuck?

★★★ Apprentice
I have the same problem my player id is 1003503995643
Message 5 of 33 (3,230 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the exact same problem as the OP.  Every time a trait is ready to be selected I select "Choose Trait" and the screen just goes back to the main game and the trait tracker resets.  I have had this happen over 20 times already.  I cringe every time the trait selection screen pops up because I know I'm about to lose another trait to this glitch.  I was able to give my first sim 1 trait at creation and all my child sims have the Good Upbringing trait, but I'm simply not able to add other traits.  I'm playing on iOS 11.2.6 on an iphone SE in North America.  Player ID is 1003012898063.

Message 6 of 33 (3,177 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice
Player ID : 1003108889889

Exact same issue, has a solution been found.

USA iPhone X
Message 7 of 33 (3,140 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Nope, although now, the option to choose traits is completely gone. When I tap on a fully progressed empty trait, it takes me straight to retirement. Basically I never got to choose any traits except for one starter trait on my other sim and now they both want to go straight to retirement. 

Message 8 of 33 (3,126 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Additional screenshots, showing the progression of the bug. 

Message 9 of 33 (3,123 Views)

★ Novice

Me too and my id is 1003501570527

Message 10 of 33 (3,092 Views)