Re: Can’t unlock some buildings

by freyasims14

Original Post

★★ Novice

I have re-downloaded loaded the game, deleted cookies, etc. I have done all of the troubleshooting suggested, but still no avail. 

Message 41 of 81 (1,173 Views)

Unable to unlock Wellness Centre

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone 8
OS Version 11.4.1
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1003008288704
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Visit the Waterfront with any sim. 2. Go to the Wellness Centre. No padlock appears.
What do you expect to see? A padlock to unlock the Wellness Centre.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Australia
Country Australia
Additional feedback

No padlock available to unlock the building.

This bug seemed to occur after a special event which involved activities within the Wellness Centre building. I have never unlocked it before.

I have tried pressing around where I think the padlock should be, but no luck. I've tried reinstalling the app, restarting, etc. No luck. It seems to be a server-side bug.

This is super frustrating since the new Dance career is also inside this building.

Message 42 of 81 (1,217 Views)

★★ Novice

I am also having this problem. I'm level 18 and am able to unlock all other buildings but after my first visit to the fashion studio during the wedding quest I could no longer 'go inside during any events I was sent there for. This occurred in the rest of the wedding quest and in the dance quest I'm now doing. There's no unlock button for the fashion studio and if I zoom right into it there is no interior just grey. This is getting really annoying now as every time I have a quest there my sim just stands outside talking to the sim that waits outside or disappears inside and I have to press the interaction buttons through the roof. My friend is also having this bug with the club. 

Message 43 of 81 (1,142 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have a very similar problem, but with the wellness centre.

It seems to occur when events require actions inside the buildings, but then the event ends or you complete it.

My guess is that EA removed the lock to enable actions within the building for an event, but do not properly reset the state of the building properly after, so it just sits in limbo with no ability to unlock. The funny thing is, as a developer myself: whilst completing events inside the wellness centre - even with it unlocked, I was wondering whether this kind of bug would occur afterward and whether developers had accounted for this - But clearly nobody thought of it.

It's annoying because it takes out a massive chunk of content. I'm guessing you won't be able to complete fashion and photography careers also.

I wish this would be fixed.

Message 44 of 81 (1,141 Views)

Re: [Open] Can’t Unlock New Buildings

EA app Team
Hi everyone,

We don't need more information about this issue at this point, thanks all for taking the time to share as much details as possible!

I know not being able to access those buildings can be frustrating. If you haven't already, please, get in contact with one of our advisers and explain you are having this issue. You can learn how to do so here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/How-to-contact-support-for-The-Sims-Mobile/m-p/6773411

Thank you,
-Mai
Message 45 of 81 (2,241 Views)

Re: [Open] Can’t Unlock New Buildings

★★★★ Novice

How is this not fixed yet? Since lvl 24 i have not been able to use the nightclub, I am now LVL 40! I spend real money on my game and I can't play it to its full potential.

Message 46 of 81 (1,140 Views)

Re: Unable to unlock Wellness Centre

★★★★ Novice

Having the exact same issue. Padlock is missing, preventing me from starting any career in the Wellness Center. I too have done the initial Waterfront event without first unlocking the Wellness Center.

Player ID: 1003562378635

Message 47 of 81 (1,200 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I also have the same problem, the padlock is gone. I can't perform a task in the health center.
Player ID : 1003429923521

Message 48 of 81 (1,158 Views)

The lock symbol for unlocking science center disappeared

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Android Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) huawei p10 lite
OS Version 7.0
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1003423178643
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I have no idea. Standard smile
What do you expect to see? I want the lock symbol back so that I can unlock that part of the town with simoleons.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Asia
Country Turkey
Additional feedback

The little lock sign was there, on top of the science center with the update. I mean this little guy:

Capture.PNG

But when I was doing the quest, in the process, that sign disappeared. I finished the quest and got the rockin'rocket thing. But still, no lock sign, so I can't unlock science center.

Screenshot_20180915-150648.png

First, I know its not going to unlock automatically when i finish the quest. I e-mailed with few people from ea help. There is a list of things I tried:

Make sure your device is up-to-date
Make sure your app is up-to-date
Restart the app
Close background apps
Powercycle your phone
Clear your cache to check if you're synced properly 
Re-install app (If your game is linked with Facebook

Non of them worked. After that, I tried signing in the game with a different device, again nothing. 

The last response I got was: "We're sorry to see your experience with the game.I wish I could have fixed this for you.It is sad that we at customer experience, can only help with issues in the game itself, we cannot make changes or correct game bugs."

Soooo... I still have this frustrating bug. And I am ready to kick anyone who says me "It will not be unlocked automatically, You have to pay for it." I KNOW, everybody in ea help said that every time. The game doesn't let me pay for it. Help pls.

Message 49 of 81 (1,101 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Can someone at least acknowledge this bug? Is it being looked into?
Message 50 of 81 (1,099 Views)