Re: [Open] - Black Screen After Sep 11th update

by chipponcake

Original Post

★★★★ Apprentice
@diggaduz No words are needed because I'm sure she's feeling the exact same way I've been!! I never, ever miss out on rewards--even if I don't like them that much, I still complete every single event, heh. I'm glad this didn't happen during Halloween cause if I missed the Halloween decorations/rewards I'd be LIVID.
Message 41 of 54 (943 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

A093106A-4536-4238-9B9C-8ACD7166F29E.jpeg

Update for anyone following this thread. 

Edited by EA_Mai: Adding all the info in the same post so we can mark as solution Wink

@SimGuruMaaike wrote:

Great that you already shared the message from Ilya SimmerdownMal :D

I do wanted to add to this information, if you still have any (graphical) issues after this update. Please post a new bug report and include as much device information as you can. 

Message 42 of 54 (2,957 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hello, my device is Xiaomi Redmi 6.

iOS 10.4.3.0

It worked fine up until the update, now it is only black screen, no sound no nothing for me. It opens with the EA blue screen does a little chime and that 's it after that.

It had happened once before in another update but it was fixed do soon I did not even bother looking into it.

Message 43 of 54 (916 Views)

★ Apprentice

I updated it and it is fixed! Thanks! :eahigh_file:

Message 44 of 54 (907 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Great that you already shared the message from Ilya SimmerdownMal :D

I do wanted to add to this information, if you still have any (graphical) issues after this update. Please post a new bug report and include as much device information as you can. 

Message 45 of 54 (893 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

I updated the new version and it's fixed! thank you EA team!! good job :D

Message 46 of 54 (860 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@SimGuruMaaike 

I don't know where the appropriate place is to note these concerns, so if this is not it, then please feel free to remove.

Above I posted a screenshot of SimGuruIlya advising all players experiencing this issue to contact Customer Support for compensation. As the SimGurus here on AHQ are well aware, this was a very distressing experience for players in this thread, particularly due to the issue falling on 8 days of a 15 day event. As such, I would not expect many of these players on this thread to complete the event and receive the grand prize of a new career, or even rare items they were hoping for.

I'm noting this because some players following Ilya's advice, reached out, received 250 SimCash. In my opinion, that's not anywhere close to the level of resources/time lost from this issue, but so be it. But for the players who reached out and received only 250 simoleons, I feel for them because that's really offensive. I do not believe that many Customer Support staff play TSM, if any at all, and may not realize the value of various currencies within the game. I hope you and other professional staff here at AHQ can somehow pass along the feedback advising the Studio to recommend a suggested compensation value for players who experienced this issue, or other serious ones in the future. Players could then take that screenshot and submit it with their tickets to EAHelp to hopefully receive better and more generous support. These compensation values may mean very little to Customer Support, but it means a lot to players, and 250 simoleons won't cut it when creating and maintaining loyal players. If not SimCash, then some in-game event currency would go a long way to help them catch up.

Message 47 of 54 (849 Views)

★ Apprentice

Glad to hear so many people are back in. I've got the game back. Unfortunately when I connected to Facebook it would appear all my progress is gone. I'm level 50 and toast of the town. Please help!! 

Message 48 of 54 (829 Views)

Hero

@MrsJDB69  ha escrito:

Glad to hear so many people are back in. I've got the game back. Unfortunately when I connected to Facebook it would appear all my progress is gone. I'm level 50 and toast of the town. Please help!! 

Sorry to know you have lost your progress. You should contact EA in order to get assistance.

First you will need your player ID. That's the number on the top right corner of your screen when you open the app.

Your Player ID appears at the top right side of the game loading screen.

To contact EA Help from the game, open the side menu, choose the gear icon, then the Help & About tab and tap on the button Help.
This will open your browser. Scroll down and tap on the button Contact Us.

collage.jpg

Now, tap on Technical support and Game progress issues.

Type your Player ID. 

Tap on the button Select contact option.

Scroll down and select Email. This is the best option for your case. Fill in the form and attach screenshots of your game. 

An EA Advisor will email you within 24 hours.

If you can't access the app for some reason, you will be able to contact EA through this link: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

You can also contact an EA game advisor through social media:

- Twitter: https://twitter.com/EAHelp
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/EAHelpHub/

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 49 of 54 (821 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thanks. This may be a silly question but will my player ID still be the same now I've went through the tutorial and am showing as level 2? My son also plays and he can see my house from his friends list so it has to be somewhere doesn't it? 

Message 50 of 54 (807 Views)