by ValeinaRaiden

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[Fixed] - Black Screen After Sep 11th update

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Android Tablet
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) It's actually a Chromebook R11, but no option for this in Platform dropdown menu.
OS Version 76.0.3809.136
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1004149775400
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure? But I have not been able to play since I updated the game yesterday. Perhaps update the app and try logging in from different platforms?
What do you expect to see? VISUALS.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country United States
Additional feedback I've been playing every day since November of 2018 and have never had any issues after updating the app.

I have posted about this already in a different section and was asked to post it under bugs, so here goes...I have not been able to play the Sims Mobile since I updated it yesterday. What it does is the following:

I open the app, I get the initial new blue screen with the EA and Maxis logo, my Google Play gamer tag pops up at the top briefly as usual, then the screen goes completely black.

I thought it was not loading or letting me log in...However, earlier today I tried once again, but with the sound UP. In doing this, after the screen went black, I could still hear music and sounds. I heard the login music, birds chirping, doors opening/closing, Sims chattering, everything! Which means I AM able to log in, there are just no visuals to go with it.

In my other post regarding this, a few others replied saying they're having the same issue. We have all tried all of the troubleshooting tips found in links, as well as the ones EA Support have asked me to perform, so it must definitely just be some sort of visual bug brought on by the update.

I'm going on 2 days now without being able to play--missing out on tons of rewards. Please HELP!

Message 3 of 54 (2,738 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [Open] - Black Screen After Sep 11th update

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

A093106A-4536-4238-9B9C-8ACD7166F29E.jpeg

Update for anyone following this thread. 

Edited by EA_Mai: Adding all the info in the same post so we can mark as solution Wink

@SimGuruMaaike wrote:

Great that you already shared the message from Ilya SimmerdownMal :D

I do wanted to add to this information, if you still have any (graphical) issues after this update. Please post a new bug report and include as much device information as you can. 

View in thread

Message 42 of 54 (2,955 Views)

All Replies

Re: Game Won't Load After Update.

★★★★ Apprentice
@diggaduz Definitely super annoying!! I'm going on TWO days now without being able to play. This is the longest I've ever gone without playing. Missing out on so many rewards. UGH.
Message 1 of 54 (2,557 Views)

[ Edited ]

This sounds like a bug. Could you open a new post in the bug forum for this?

You can find the bug forum over here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/the-sims-mobile-bug-reports-en

The bug forum has a small list with questions which might just help to solve the problem!  

Post got merged

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 54 (2,549 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@Phantomlover1717 Thank you. Done!

I'm miserable without my Sims Mobile. (T_T)
Message 4 of 54 (2,540 Views)

Re: Black Screen After New Update.

★★★★ Novice

Same issue. Getting incredibly annoying now.

Message 5 of 54 (2,631 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Same issue T_T

Message 6 of 54 (2,615 Views)

★ Apprentice
@CrimesForCandy can someone please reply about this bug. I have the same problem, I even uninstalled and reinstalled the game 4 times.
Message 7 of 54 (2,597 Views)

★ Apprentice
@CrimesForCandy I hope they see this soon. Standard smile
Message 8 of 54 (2,500 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi all!
We are investigating this, @ValeinaRaiden @judylt @diggaduz could you provide what devices are you playing from?

Message 9 of 54 (2,586 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have the same problem only with one device. Information about device attached.

Message 10 of 54 (2,577 Views)