Re: [Open] Baby goes missing

by gamer2049er

Original Post

★ Guide
So my “son” still stands there as a blank sim but I have now been able to create a new baby. Not what I thought, thought the same one would appear but I’m just happy I can start my next generation so I can retire the one I have.
Message 71 of 82 (1,100 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Hello,

I have just encountered the "baby goes missing" bug. This is the first time it's happened to me. The baby was adopted this week. I only discovered this morning that the infant Sim no longer appears in the crib, but does appear in the family portrait.

I adopted another baby today - so far, still there.

The game still shows my previous infant in the family photo.

Message 72 of 82 (1,004 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

This bug cannot possibly be fixed. Others have reported issues. My issue is still open.

I found the baby in my contacts. Unlike a previous user, I was not able to tap "socialize" to make a blank Sim appear.

If I tap the greyed out "Socialize" button, I'm told my child is "busy." He sure is! He's busy being missing!

My Friend code is CGAUFAU. Is it not weird that you're supposed to publicly post your Player ID? Is that not supposed to be kept confidential? 

IMG_6057.png

Message 73 of 82 (963 Views)

@gamer2049er is your game fully updated?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 74 of 82 (918 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Hi @Phantomlover1717,

My game version is 10.1.0.158018 / 10.1.0.158018-Stage_180_to_Patch-Stage_133+Stage @ 162071

I checked the iOS App Store and there are no updates available for The Sims Mobile.

Therefore, I believe I'm on the latest version.

The baby is still missing. The bassinet shows up in the family portrait, but the actual bassinet in the house is empty. I've been able to adopt a few kids through the bassinet.

As a side note, I've only been using the adopt option with the bassinet. I've never used the "have a baby with..." approach.

Unfortunately, I just started another adoption... so I'll try the "have a baby with..." approach after the current adoption completes.

Message 75 of 82 (893 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Thanks for all that information! Can you tell me what your player ID is we can take a closer look at this? This page explains how you can find this number: https://help.ea.com/en/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile/

Message 76 of 82 (882 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Hello,

My player ID is 1003448394603.

Thanks!

Message 77 of 82 (862 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Hello @SimGuruMaaike,

Bump... I wanted to follow up on this - the missing baby issue still exists.

However, thank you and the team for fixing the "cannot move out retired sim" issue!

Message 78 of 82 (803 Views)

★ Novice

My baby went missing this morning. 

Message 79 of 82 (711 Views)

Hero
@Kcipp How did it happen?

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 80 of 82 (705 Views)