Fix the matchmaking.

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Steam-PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number -
Enter RAM memory size in GB -
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? -
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. -
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. -
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 0
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) -
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? As a new player, I get matched all the time with and against people with around +6000 kills, thousands of wins and 2M damage, it's just unbelievable.
What should be happening instead? What should be happening is that I should be able to play WITH and AGAINST people that are also new, this is not a "git good" or "keep trying" matter, you can't learn a game like this, that already has a high learning curve, when you're not even capable of surviving a fight more than 3 seconds because you're facing people with +1000h all the time from the start, it's ridiculous and I've never seen a worse matchmaking in my life.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? -

The game is literally unplayable for a new player. I asked on forums to see if it's a common issue, even asked support directly because I thought there's a problem with my account. Everyone seemed to recommend playing ranked and so I tried... It's absolutely the same, I get flamed and insulted all the time by teammates saying things like "You're thrash, you should be playing with people with your same level on pubs and not here" like if I could control how the SBMM works, so this is a loop since pubs are also filled with pro players. I understand it's hard to pair so many players, but this simply doesn't happen in other BR games I've tried. This happens every time at every hour, and from all the people getting in a game, I refuse to believe there are no other new players like me on queue, the player base is not exactly small.

Stop just appealing to streamers and predators and fix the atrocious matchmaking.

Message 1 of 4 (246 Views)

Re: Fix the matchmaking.

★★★★ Apprentice

Cute that when matchmaking is addressed, they prefer to change subject and/or remain silent. Hey while we have our regular playerbase spending money for skins, stuff coming from new players doesn't matter ❤

Message 2 of 4 (214 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same issue, Public matchmaking is appalling broken.

I've been playing around 5 months, but my skill level is still only barely average or below.

Yet all of my Public matches pair me with entire lobbies full of Diamond/Master/Predator players with 25,000 kills or more

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/PUBLIC-matchmaking-catastrophically-broken/m-p/10460520#M63381

Message 3 of 4 (200 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@Sas0089 Thanks for your answer! I'm glad to see someone that has the same problem and it's vocal about it. I also answered on your post because I also think matchmaking is wrongly detecting me as a way more skilled player, but in my case it also happens in ranked.
Message 4 of 4 (180 Views)