Fix the Change Character Issue on HvV

by the-creative-pup

Original Post

Fix the Change Character Issue on HvV

★★★ Guide

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:PC
What is your issue related to? General
Summarize your bug You click the Change Character button and every hero is grayed out. You can't even get back into the match because the Start button is grayed out too.
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? the-creative-pup
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? 11/11/2018
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 2:00AM
In what game mode did the bug occur? Heroes vs. Villains
What is your time zone? PST - GMT - 8:00
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? After you die during match, click the "Change Character" button and you will notice that you will not be able to select a difference character nor can you click the Start button either.
What happens when the bug occurs? Can't change character.
What do you expect to see? Change character.
Please select your region North America
AMD or Nvidia Model Number rx460

I can't change character or get back into match.

Message 1 of 12 (1,948 Views)

Re: Fix the Change Character Issue on HvV

★★ Pro

@Thecreativepup you should still be able to change character. They changed it so that now you need to manually deselect your current character. So when you return to the character selection screen go to your current character and deselect them it should then show you who is available. The selection cursor is bugged so it can be pain. 

Message 2 of 12 (1,925 Views)

★★★ Pro

@Tinogiggedy

I wanted to say the same at first, but look at his screenshot, this might very well be another bug.

What you are talking about is indeed another issue (I've made a topic on it right away as the patch came out), but his screenshot shows that everyone is greyed out on his screen, even his own selection. That does not happen on my end.

Message 3 of 12 (1,916 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Oh right didn't notice the screen shot. I have also had that happen, it's a definite bug. When it happened to me it started with a random selection and like in the screenshot everyone was greyed out.

Message 4 of 12 (1,912 Views)

★★★ Pro

@Tinogiggedy

And was it just a visual bug? Were you still able to deselect your character while highlighting him/her, despite the greyed out appearance?

Because what's weird to me is that on the screenshot, there isn't even a countdown (Spawning as XY in XX), which should always happen.

Message 5 of 12 (1,905 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@felker_s no absolutely not a visual glitch, couldn't select anyone just kept respawning as if no selection was made and so spawned with random character.

I'm not sure if the spawn timers are intented to be visible in the character selection after the update, that was one of the things mentioned in the patch notes but can't recall it saying, what, if anything about the spawn timers in character selection in hvv. I just recall it saying that spawn timers won't be visible in character selection screen. 

Message 6 of 12 (1,896 Views)

★★★ Pro

If anything, I considered the respawn timer's disappearance to be a bug, lol. Anyway, that's for Galactic Assault.

In HvV, the timer is still visible for me. In fact, it has to be, since you automatically respawn in that mode, so you need to know how much time you have to choose another character.

Message 7 of 12 (1,878 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Maybe during a selection phase where you can't spawn (waiting the cooldown timer to respawn, or some other buggy situation where you can select character but it doesn't immediately spawn you) you quickly pressed TAB (or whichever button brings the scoreboard) afterwards, which triggers the Hero Selection BUG.

I'm unsure if this can be performed besides in the initial selection screen, but maybe it has something to do with it, as in the Hero Selection BUG all heroes appear greyed out as if you couldn't choose any:

Message 8 of 12 (1,873 Views)

★★★ Pro

This bug indeed exists. Never happened to me before the Geonosis patch, but here goes: Video.

You can see on the UI, that for a split second, I could have removed the selection, then these functions just disappear. I also don't have a visual on the countdown timer that eventually spawns me.

Message 9 of 12 (1,758 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Has there been any communication from the dev team on this one?  So frustrating getting locked in to a match with one character while everyone else is able to improvise and adapt.  This isn't just a single match glitch, this happens every time I play HvV. 

Message 10 of 12 (1,689 Views)