Fix TW Matchmaking

★★★ Newbie

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Galaxy Note 8
OS Version Current
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 684744393
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug TW matchmaking. Our 210 million gp guild is consistently being matched against much higher gp guilds. Today's match-up is against a 238 million gp guid. This is destroying the enjoyment of the game and causing your customers to quit playing. Are guilds intentionally leaving players out? If so does that constitute cheating? Regardless, number of missing players should be added to your match making algorithms. Please make this fair and fun again.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Your logs should tell you.
Connection Type Mobile
Please select your region North America
Country USA

We have 1 missing player at 4.5 million.  Total 205 million.  They have a total of 238, so apparently their missing 33 million.  I don't know how many players that is since it's not provided in game.

210.PNG
238.PNG
Heroes_Screenshot_2020.02.13_15.00.16.jpg
Message 1 of 4 (364 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Fix TW Matchmaking

[ Edited ]

@gladiator976 Interesting, I have never been able to read the minds of my opponent and glean their intentions with absolute certainty.

My guild had 5 players not sign up. We didn’t tell anyone to sit out. They either forgot or were busy. Life happens.

Regardless, matchmaking is occurring as expected, therefore it’s not a bug. Feedback for the devs belongs on the main forums. Good luck!

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (313 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]

@gladiator976 If you take the number of spots you can set on each zone, and multiply that by 2, that is equal to the number of players that the "shorter guild" registered (+/-1). By that, I mean the guild with the fewer players.

Looks like at least 30M of their guild didn't register for the war.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Thanks @GladOS-013 They have 42 players playing.  So matchmaking should look like: 238 million guild with 8 missing players should play a guild around 238 million with a similar number of missing players.  

And  a 210 million gp guild with 1 missing player should play a guild with around 210 million gp and with a similar number of missing players.

Their top 20 sith empire teams are better than our best.    They'd crush us even if we had 100 players.  This keeps happening ever TW.  Why even have TW if CG can't get it right?

And I'm sure leaving off 8 players wasn't intentional.  It's not like this isn't happening every TW.

Message 3 of 4 (337 Views)

[ Edited ]

@gladiator976 Interesting, I have never been able to read the minds of my opponent and glean their intentions with absolute certainty.

My guild had 5 players not sign up. We didn’t tell anyone to sit out. They either forgot or were busy. Life happens.

Regardless, matchmaking is occurring as expected, therefore it’s not a bug. Feedback for the devs belongs on the main forums. Good luck!