Re: Five's Tactical Awareness is not saving the clones, both characters are dyin

by Player_dlemb9so

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Five's Tactical Awareness is not saving the clones, both characters are dying.

★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Apple iPhone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? iPhone XS Max
OS Version 13.2
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 663644965
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug Tactical Awareness on Fives is bugged. If a clone is about to die the damage goes through kills the clone and then Fives kills himself. This is ruining the entire team. Please fix.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? One guaranteed way is to have Padme kick echo. Everyone will assist. Echo dies from the damage and then Fives sacrifices himself but Echo remains dead.
Connection Type Mobile
Please select your region North America
Country United States

Tactical Awareness on Fives is bugged. If a clone is about to die the damage goes through kills the clone and then Fives kills himself. This is ruining the entire team. Please fix.

Message 1 of 11 (1,263 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Five's Tactical Awareness is not saving the clones, both characters are dyin

EA Live QV Team

Hi all,

@Player_dlemb9so  is correct. Any kind of healing prevention (healing immunity, shock, etc.) will prevent the 100% health recovery resulting in the unit being defeated despite Five's sacrifice.

Additionally, if there are assists, it is possible that the damage dealt during the assists is higher than the amount of healing and therefore can still defeat that unit.

View in thread

Message 4 of 11 (1,190 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice
I have the exact same problem. Fives zeta is actually hurting the team. I recorded the gameplay. https://youtu.be/bVwfqDluwv8

What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? iPhone 7
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 894-429-471
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug Tactical Awareness on Fives is bugged. If a clone is about to die the damage kills the clone and then Fives kills himself.
Connection Type Mobile
Please select your region North America
Message 2 of 11 (1,211 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

"they recover 100% heath and Fives is defeat instead". But your toon had shock, so they can't recover health. 

I don't know if that's the intended behaviour, but the description is accurate with what's happening in your video. 

Message 3 of 11 (1,200 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hi all,

@Player_dlemb9so  is correct. Any kind of healing prevention (healing immunity, shock, etc.) will prevent the 100% health recovery resulting in the unit being defeated despite Five's sacrifice.

Additionally, if there are assists, it is possible that the damage dealt during the assists is higher than the amount of healing and therefore can still defeat that unit.

Message 4 of 11 (1,191 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_HighCommand This is clearly a change. Was not working like this before update and the update notes did not mention any changes
Message 5 of 11 (1,173 Views)

★ Novice

@EA_HighCommand Could you please confirm that this is indeed an intended change? Prior to this update, Echo and Rex regained protection but stayed at 1 health, which is also the in game description. 

Message 6 of 11 (1,149 Views)

I have noticed that Fives death animation comes later than before. It used to happen during the enemy attack, but now it occurs after the enemy animation is done.

The behavior seen in the video is unlike my battles before the patch. The clone used to recover 100% of Fives' protection. If it's no longer doing that, then since shock prevented the heal, the death in the video could be on account of the expose triggering the sacrifice, then Bastila attack actually killing the clone.

Please note that Fives zeta just donates his stats. Even without the zeta, he will still sacrifice himself, so the zeta cannot make him "worse."

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I took a screenshot of your video detailing further what the issue is. Hopefully this sums it up: as you can see in the screenshot, Echo is taking two types of damage, one special from BSF basic and then an additional from something that eludes me. This is what causes the bug, multiple sources of damage on a single attack and I started noticing it first with Ahsoka, but then also noticed it with Wild Lightning from BSF and then reproduced it with Thrawn on several occassions. I do not believe this is the intended action or at least the description of the zeta is very misleading.

BSF duo source of dmg.jpg

It looks like this image can't be resized, so I'll post a copy of it as well.

Edit x2: So it's the expose that procs the second source of damage. I now imagine any expose will also nullify the sacrifice to work as intended. It's late here and this post is fairly old, but I'm fairly confident that this is what is happening.

BSF duo source of dmg.jpg
Message 8 of 11 (1,014 Views)

@CG_MindTricks - I can confirm. I just had this occur in the GeoTB.

A droideka with ~8 stacks of Charge took a turn, and used Destructive Armament on my Rex. My Rex immediately died, and then Fives "sacrificed" himself.

Multi-hit attacks are bypassing the sacrifice mechanic right now.

Community Manager (retired)
@GladOS-013 Thanks for the additional information. We've now flagged this as an edge case scenario.
Message 10 of 11 (956 Views)