Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number GTX1060
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Multiplayer
Which part of the mode? Final Stand
Please select your region North America
On which server did this happen? Firestorm server
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 30.03.19 01:00 AM
Summarize your bug I got killed by the server for deserting near Arctic lake part of the map. I was not out of bounds, I was outside of the blue circle, but still within the red circle. I was on some rocky hills. The first stage of the firestorm just started. The server gave me 5 seconds to get back inbounds, by the time I realized it said I was out of bounds I didn't have time to get back in. And the server perma killed me.
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know.
What happens when the bug occurs? I got perma killed within 5 seconds of the game saying I was deserting.
What should be happening instead? I was not out of bounds, should not do anything.

I got killed by the server for deserting near Arctic lake part of the map. I was not out of bounds, I was outside of the blue circle, but still within the red circle. I was on some rocky hills. The first stage of the firestorm just started.

The server gave me 5 seconds to get back inbounds, by the time I realized it said I was out of bounds I didn't have time to get back in. And the server perma killed me.

Message 1 of 4 (437 Views)

Re: [Firestorm] Killed by server within 5 seconds for "Out of bounds"

★★ Pro

I have also experienced this. Random locations IN-ZONE are "out of bounds" and count down to auto kill you. Definitely a bug.

Message 2 of 4 (396 Views)

★★ Novice
Happened to me at the exact same spot, and I had made it down to final 16. So infuriating. DICE should compensate our lost time and XP on this.
Message 3 of 4 (369 Views)

★★★ Newbie

We also experienced this bug last night on PS4 at the END of the game when the circle was almost totally closed, and it changed a for sure win into a loss. Super Frustrating..

We didn't even know you could desert. It came down to our squad of 3 vs 2 of theirs and we had just called in a rocket on their position. We were moving to high ground away from the rocket and never noticed the warning to leave the area. In that hectic moment we never expected a 5 second warning to leave an area that was in the "safe" ring, and the text popped the same time as the firestorm incoming message. We do have a video for proof:

https://youtu.be/IKHqWcm4DWI

Message 4 of 4 (323 Views)