by Bearpal64

Original Post

[OPEN] Fires immediately being put out by all able sims on lot

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but Batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have multiple fires
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims immediately will whip out the extinguisher before the particles of the fire can even load.
What do you expect to see? Not that, unless the sim has the brave trait or something.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This happens consistently in every save game I have since either latest patch or the one before it. I tested this with a cursed lot trait & 8-sim household and nobody freaks out about the fire, they all immediately whip out the extinguisher. All 8 of them. The fire doesn't even have a chance to progress. I hope the change wasn't intentional, the game is already extremely easy so taking away any chaos that may occasionally spice things up is a horrible idea.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 25 (2,871 Views)

Re: Fires immediately being put out by all able sims on lot

★★★★★ Guide
@Marinuttonen My Sims will even put out any fires before the Fire Fighters will show up. Some Sims run outside before or after the fire is put out.
Message 2 of 25 (2,787 Views)

★ Guide

Yeah, I've had all fires end in this sequence:

1- Fire Starts

2- person who is nearest to fire puts it out immediatelly

3- everyone else rushes in and uses the extinguisher on where the fire used to be

4- person who started the fire picks up toddler and runs outside

5 - puts the toddler down, freaks out

6 - firefighters show up

Message 3 of 25 (2,762 Views)

★★★ Guide

It's better than not putting out fires at all. Wouldn't you prefer how to works now? 

Message 4 of 25 (2,747 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I'm seeing this on PS5. I was testing something else and had a sim cook on the grill in Mua Pel'am. The grill caught on fire, the sim pulled out an extinguisher, and every sim npc that was currently on Mua Pel'am teleported to the fire and also pulled out fire extinguishers. 

Message 5 of 25 (2,733 Views)

★ Guide
@Citysim9997 I would definitely NOT prefer it. Nothing bad ever happens to my sims, and even when it does it's trivial to get rid of it. Accidental fires were one of the few spontaneously bad things that could still affect the perfect utopia lala-land lives of the sims, and now it's gone.

@PoptartJuniper
It seems to be a bit worse on Sulani in general, because of the neighbour-firefighter thing. I've had a few fires caused by volcanic bombs in Mua Pel'am and seen the same thing happen.

Message 6 of 25 (2,719 Views)

★★ Guide

I hadn't thought of this as a bug, but now that you mention it, this has been happening in my game recently, too. 

I thought I just had seriously capable sims for once. 😂😂😂

Message 7 of 25 (2,682 Views)

★★ Apprentice

What this bug usually looks like for me is that all my Sims rush to the fire, but the action is auto cancelled because someone else is going to do it. I try to reassign, but I just have to wait there while the Sims decide amongst themselves who is really going to do it (after running back and forth through the flames a few times). Plus, this is all the while my Sim siblings' mother is burning to death because she dared to visit her children whom live in a haunted house.

Message 8 of 25 (2,654 Views)

Fire's are extinguished autonomously too frequently/Quickly

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs except Journey to Batuu as of Paranormal stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start a fire on a lot with npc's around.
What happens when the bug occurs? When a fire is started, all sims on the lot will immediately rush to extinguish the fire. This makes fires almost completely pointless, they are put out quickly with no need for firefighters. Often the smoke alarm doesn't even get a chance to go off before every sim autonomously puts out the fire. This video shows off the bug in action https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_1PQJH-kEU&ab_channel=ZeldaLover
What do you expect to see? Sims should not all rush to autonomously extinguish the fire. Preferably it should not be an autonomous reaction at all outside of Firefighters/Sulani/Bonehilda, but at the very least, not every sim should rush to put it out.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. First noticed the issue starting with the snowy escape prepatch, shortly after firefighters were added.

dfs

Message 9 of 25 (2,648 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I had this problem too, they all rushed to the fire to extinguish it.

Message 10 of 25 (2,639 Views)