Product: Battlefield V
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox One
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Multiplayer
Which part of the mode? Conquest
Please select your region North America
On which server did this happen? Multiple
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 11.04.19 04:15
Summarize your bug Fire axe melee kills are not being tracked in Assignments that require melee kills
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Do any Assignment that requires melee kills with the Fire Axe equipped.
What happens when the bug occurs? Assignments do not track melee kills with Fire Axe.
What should be happening instead? Assignments should recognize the Fire Axe as a melee weapon and track melee kills.

Was doing the Combat Medic Combat Role Challenge (Assignment) with my new axe I unlocked today … except I was making no progress on the "Damage enemies for 425 points with melee weapons in 1 round" using the Fire Axe. I switched back to the old reliable Pickaxe and everything tracked normal.

BL: Game does not recognize the Fire Axe as a melee weapon for Assignments.

Message 1 of 5 (348 Views)

Re: Fire Axe not tracking as a melee weapon on Assignments

★ Guide
I have this on PS4 but its not just that its not tracking against assignments its not tracking stats at all. Go to Profile and look at Weapon stats and the Fire Axe shows no time used or kills had with it even though i am clearly killing people with it and its the only melee weapon i have been using recently.
Message 2 of 5 (299 Views)

★★★ Guide

this is a known issue with certain Assault weapons and the Assault mastery assgnments. Not nice to hear this also applies to further new weapons....

I assume they programmed the assignments to register with specific weapons and not with weapon types, while these should apply to avoid the need to constantly add new weapons

Message 3 of 5 (295 Views)

Community Manager

@II__SUSHI__II wrote:

this is a known issue with certain Assault weapons and the Assault mastery assgnments. Not nice to hear this also applies to further new weapons....

I assume they programmed the assignments to register with specific weapons and not with weapon types, while these should apply to avoid the need to constantly add new weapons

Like @II__SUSHI__II  mentioned, this is something the team is aware of. Try using an alternative melee weapon and that should get a specific assignment completed for you.

Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 5 (278 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I did switch melee weapons … I just posted here so you would know about another bug in the game.

Message 5 of 5 (268 Views)