Re: Finding mailboxes in house in new builds

by RickxAbsinthe43

Original Post

Hero
@SimzSizzle So this basically happens if the house has no mailbox on it's own ?

What do you mean by a nothing small house ?

Does it happen on every lot ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 15 (417 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@crinrict  You asked if this happens to a house that doesn't have a mailbox, and I guess technically you could say that.

While in the players library, the home has no need of a mailbox, it is only after the home is placed the mailbox is required, and

when it generates it is inside the home.

But I want to add that in two occasions I was moving a Sim, and before I had taken them from the home they were living in, their homes had mailboxes.

One of the homes was already fully built, and I just placed it, it was the same home they were living in, I just moved it to another NewCrest where another Sim

I wanted them to meet was.  The mailbox was in the house after I placed the house.

The other home was a home in Windenburg, it had a mailbox. I made some changes to it, and saved it to my library, then saved the Sim to my library,

and then bulldozed his old house and placed his upgraded, renovated one from my library.

The mailbox was in the house.

The 3rd time it happened, was in NewCrest, after I had received a message from EA that a home my Sim was living in was created with game packs I didn't have, and

some of the things in the home would have to be removed, I decided to build her house myself, because that home she was living in, I had downloaded it from

the gallery.

Here is the thread I started after receiving that message from EA.  I tracked down the house on the gallery  to look at the packs the game was saying it was created with, because I thought I had most of the ones used to create the home.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Feedback/remove-packs-listed-in-creation-gallery-sims-4...

Turns out the gallery was having problems identifying packs the game was using to create things, and I don't know if that ever was fixed.

After I build the new home, and saved it to my library, I made sure she was in my libary, then I placed the new home, and moved her.

She walked into the home and the mailbox was in the home. That's one of the pictures I had posted.

The 4th time it happened was when I recreated the problem. I built a small nothing home, created a Sim and placed both in NewCrest.

The mailbox wasn't outside the home, but when you open the home, its there in front of the door.

What do I mean by a nothing small home Standard smile  nothing really just a term I made up on the fly.

The home doesn't have windows, its small, it has no furniture, no paint, its a nothing small home Large smile

You asked: Does it happen on every lot.

It has happened on 3 different lots, in at least 2 different worlds: Windenburg and NewCrest.

4 lots adding the recreated problem.

Message 12 of 15 (394 Views)

Hero
@SimzSizzle OK. Thanks for all the info.

Hopefully EA can duplicate and fix this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 15 (374 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

alright thanks @crinrict 

I just would like to add, yesterday I had placed a house without a Sim, and the mailbox was outside intact.

I'm no expert on these things but it sounds like the mailboxes are attaching themselves to the Sims.

In all the other cases, I was moving a Sim in and they had lived in other places before that.

Message 14 of 15 (357 Views)

★ Guide
I know this thread is really old but it still happens today. It seems like a small issue, so I don’t want to make a fresh thread on the topic. It seems to occur when you move a Sim into a lot that doesn’t have a mailbox already. Most of the time, it generates indoors. It’s more funny than annoying honestly because they can’t be placed indoors!
Message 15 of 15 (261 Views)