by crinrict

Original Post

[CoL] Finchwick fair not showing up during fair time

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.89.214
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Too many to list
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Travel to fair or go to fair on fair days
What happens when the bug occurs? Empty field instead of fair
What do you expect to see? Game to work as intended
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Latest patch

Finchwick fair is not starting or showing up despite getting messages for it

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Added Base Game Version Number

Message 1 of 14 (1,310 Views)

Re: Finchwick fair not showing up during fair time

Hero

Could you please edit your post and add the following info to your post.

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:
Which language are you playing the game in? 
How often does the bug occur? 
What is your current game version number? 
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? 
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 
What happens when the bug occurs? 
What do you expect to see? 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods?
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? 

The bug template is currently working on/pff but it helps if you are not prompted for the template while editing, please answer the questions anyways.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 14 (1,276 Views)

★★★ Guide

I am a console player and also having this problem, the fair is simply not there. My sim travels to the site but the field is empty, it’s just not there. I have no mods or cc because I am a PS5 player. This is very frustrating 

Message 3 of 14 (1,193 Views)

Hero
@Knotwise13 Could you please answer the questions as OP never came back ?

Thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 14 (1,184 Views)

★★★ Novice

What do you mean I never came back? You asked me to update my post, I did. No one else asked for more information or gave me a solution. It doesn't work in my one save but another save it does work and shows up. Not sure why or what happened to my one save. I'll happily reply to anyone who actually asks a question or has a useful solution to try. 

Message 5 of 14 (1,171 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Kittyarow Sorry, I totally missed that you edited your post. I could have sworn there was nothing but I guess I was half-asleep still :D

Unfortunately threads's aren't bumped to the top when you just edit them.

Could you please list the packs you own ? This is important info. If it's too many, you can say everything except.

EDIT:

Also, as this is the bug forum, often there's no solutions and unless someone has experienced this as well and found a workaround, there's probably no solution unless EA fixes it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 14 (1,164 Views)

Champion

Does it make a difference which lot you travel to for the fair? I always used to attend via the pub, though admittedly I haven't bothered in a while. But I have seen other people have trouble with the fair not appearing - even disappearing - if they traveled there via a retail lot. Third option would be from one of the residential lots...

Just curious if lot type makes a difference for you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 7 of 14 (1,138 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@PipMenaceI have traveled to the lot 3X through the pub which is where you are taken by default when you click on the notification, once to the llama fair, once to the chicken fair, and once to the harvest fair, each time there was no fair to attend but the grocery booth did allow me to sell my produce at a 10% markup as advertised in the Fenwick flyer so that’s something. Weirdest darn bug. I’m disappointed, I paid for this expansion and I can’t even use one of the primary features. I’m giving up on ever being able to attend 

Message 8 of 14 (1,127 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@crinrictBug template as requested

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: ps5
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time
What is your current game version number? Sims4
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EVERYTHING, except deluxe party, dream home decorator, fitness stuff, highschool, luxury party, movie hangout, realm of magic, snowy escape, Star Wars, tiny living, werewolves
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Wait for Fenwick fair to start, travel to the pub lot
What happens when the bug occurs? The fair is missing, everything else seems normal but no fair ever
What do you expect to see? I expect the event to occur
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Nope I’m a consol player
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? I just started playing cottage living but it was right after the HS patch, dunno if it’s related

Message 9 of 14 (1,120 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I’ve had other problems with cottage living as well, only crumplebottom shows up to her proper job, but some random townie is manning the produce booth and it’s a different one each time, Michael bell is tending bar at the gnomes arms and Kim has taken up waitressing! The Fenwick sign won’t even acknowledge these characters exist, frankly the whole pack is bugged !

Message 10 of 14 (1,001 Views)