Finalizer vs Executor

by vokxmletobut

Original Post

Re: Finalizer vs Executor

★★★★ Novice

IMHO the dodge they get (hereinafter "cheat") reflects another set of parameters in the background, and the game gives itself a dodge to make those other factors work; have you noticed that the cheat is cyclical, that it will come and go? I think it's engineered so that players get cycled through periods of better and worse RNG results so that the game is less rock scissors paper, but when programming this into fleets they just threw up their hands and gave the AI dodge superpowers

Message 11 of 21 (421 Views)

★★★★ Novice

cool! I will download it but I can't afford to lose any more battles than I already do because of game crashes, the new thing that really crashes the game besides battles is just going through all the stores for mats and shards

Message 12 of 21 (421 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Darn DU Recorder couldn't find swgoh on my phone

Message 13 of 21 (420 Views)

Hero (Retired)

What do you mean it couldn't find it? Can you find it? It doesn't need to do anything. If you click on the DU Recorder icon, the widget pops up, and stays ghosted on the screen as you switch to other apps, unless you drag it to the X that pops up like messenger. Then when you are in swgoh, you can tap the widget and hit record.

Message 14 of 21 (395 Views)

★★★★ Novice

In the setup it asks which apps it has permission to record, and doesn't list swgoh

Message 15 of 21 (380 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

So, here's two screen captures: usually after about a half dozen turns I have bossk blocked, and XB open for attack, but sometimes bossk gains extra turn meter and is able to taunt then XB re-stealths: see in the first picture bossk got an extra turn and taunted, usually only happens once a day but the other day it was my first 3 battles and that just set me off

Screenshot_20220802-110615_Heroes.jpg
Screenshot_20220730-110348_Heroes.jpg
Message 16 of 21 (374 Views)

★★★★ Novice

So, I counted and this is only 4 turns in-- in other words, in my 5th turn I get to hit XB (sure the turn order slightly varies depending on the power of defending ships but against all players I've attacked, turn 5 I get to hit XB unless bossk takes an additional turn (happened only once today, fought the same guy two more times and it didn't happen))-- also, after reaching this point the battle still can go either way, but it's a sure loss if bossk gets extra turn meter and takes an additional turn

Message 17 of 21 (365 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This is rare, echelon actually surviving to turn 5! But I had a thought, maybe this isn't bossk getting an extra turn, maybe it's bossk getting its cooldowns reduced? or, maybe there are scenarios where bossk saves taunt -- you probably could program bossk to save the taunt and then finalizer never would win-- that would suck for me, but echelon isn't even a real so anyway and it was ridiculous to invent it for the game in the first place (oh wait, someone told me that there's a ride at Disney with a ship that looks like it-- so now that's canon)

Screenshot_20220802-115323_Heroes.jpg
Message 18 of 21 (363 Views)

★★★★ Novice

My apologies, that was a bit snippy and for some reason I can't edit it-- after sober reflection (never drive the internet freeway while intoxicated) I realized that the whole finalizer strategy depends on never allowing bossk to use taunt, so it's always there waiting for bossk to use it, and thus the only way for bossk to be able to use taunt right before the finalizer team turn 5 is for bossk to have picked up extra turn meter somewhere along the way, which it shouldn't be able to do

Message 19 of 21 (352 Views)

★★★★ Novice

So today I fought 7 executors to take first place, and it never happened once, but as I said in my previous post, this RNG bug they've built into fleet battles is cyclical, and maybe the purpose originally was to make the game less rock scissors paper, or maybe it's to get people to spend more during down cycles-- for anyone reading this, have you noticed that this thread is labeled as solved? That's because I took my own answer as the solution when no one responded.  Finally they asked me for a video instead of just playing the game for themselves, nice DODGE

Message 20 of 21 (309 Views)